+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

What’s the story with Declan Gallagher? Signed when he was Scotland’s centre half, given the no. 5 jersey so one assumes he is first choice. Even though he did not play, fair enough he got some time off after the Euros but has not played in the warm-up games. Listed as a substitute yesterday against St Johnstone, so presumably not injured, but didn’t get on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    What’s the story with Declan Gallagher? Signed when he was Scotland’s centre half, given the no. 5 jersey so one assumes he is first choice. Even though he did not play, fair enough he got some time off after the Euros but has not played in the warm-up games. Listed as a substitute yesterday against St Johnstone, so presumably not injured, but didn’t get on the park.
    Its all pretty bizzare just like our pre season & ticketing service.

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    Simple answer.
    He’s suspended for Hacken game so Glass wants to give McCrorie & Considine time together.
    The question I’d ask is why we haven’t signed another first pick centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Simple answer.
    He’s suspended for Hacken game so Glass wants to give McCrorie & Considine time together.
    We must have offered clark Robertson peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    We must have offered clark Robertson peanuts
    Well he is a monkey hun b*stard

Well he is a monkey hun b*stard
    👌😁 100%

Simple answer.
    Well if that CH pairing isn’t conclusive proof we’re well short squad wise I don’t know what is.

One injury / suspension and we’re already toiling at the back.

Would be exactly the same up front.

Add to that only 2 pre season games and Ive really got a bad feeling about Thursday.

We’re heavily undercooked, in my opinion, with a fragile unbalanced squad - nae good loons...

Can't help but worry, I agree. An injury or two at this stage and we'd be in trouble. And clearly a far from ideal preparation in terms of friendlies, etc. But tbh I don't think it would be a big deal to go out of Europe in this round or the next - it's what we do! Just as long as we put in a respectable performance.

I'm far more focused on the league when it starts, and what shape we're in at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Can't help but worry, I agree. An injury or two at this stage and we'd be in trouble. And clearly a far from ideal preparation in terms of friendlies, etc. But tbh I don't think it would be a big deal to go out of Europe in this round or the next - it's what we do! Just as long as we put in a respectable performance.

I'm far more focused on the league when it starts, and what shape we're in at that point.

Although that no doubt makes sense, I reckon it would be a disaster to go out of Europe early, only having the utter boredom of rigged Scottish league football to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Well if that CH pairing isn’t conclusive proof we’re well short squad wise I don’t know what is.

One injury / suspension and we’re already toiling at the back.

Would be exactly the same up front.

Add to that only 2 pre season games and Ive really got a bad feeling about Thursday.

We’re heavily undercooked, in my opinion, with a fragile unbalanced squad - nae good loons...
    100% agree.
    I think we’ll get papped out.
    I see this season being a struggle.
    An inadequate squad.
    At least three new players short, and relying on players within it who aren’t good enough.

The potential reliance on young players being able to step up is also a worry, from what I saw against Buckie, none are anywhere near ready.

At best we’ll be 4th.

Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast