+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Personally don't trust Cormack, think he is full of his own importance and on a ego trip.

On the transfer front I recall Glass and the club saying that they would have all their transfer work done before the players came back in for pre-season, holy sh1t I hope they have changed that idea or we are fkd.
    I will the same as others give him a chance, but for now from where I am standing with my ultra weak bladder then I'm not holding my breath.
    As for Cormack I will give him a chance as well, I don't have to like the guy or trust him for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Personally don't trust Cormack, think he is full of his own importance and on a ego trip.

On the transfer front I recall Glass and the club saying that they would have all their transfer work done before the players came back in for pre-season, holy sh1t I hope they have changed that idea or we are fkd.
    I will the same as others give him a chance, but for now from where I am standing with my ultra weak bladder then I'm not holding my breath.
    As for Cormack I will give him a chance as well, I don't have to like the guy or trust him for that matter.
    To be fair, if he was all signing and all dancing then you'd have **** all else to post about.

Personally don't trust Cormack
    I've felt that way since he personally ordered the sinking of the Belgrano, sent the army into Orgreave wearing unbadged coppers' uniforms, and privatised UK public utilities with frightening dogmatic ideological zealotry.

Or so some boy doon the boozer said.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I still think that Cormack's huge ego is way way too big to take a chance on Glass being a total failure in his first season. For sure our squad is not where it should be for our first competitive game of the season but the window doesn't close for another six weeks and whether we like it or not most clubs in englandshire don't finalise their squad, and therefore those that are surplus to requirements, until the end of August and given that is where we will likely sign players from, we will just have to be patient for our final signings. Whilst we can no doubt go out today and sign someone from the likes of Northampton or Rochdale, we know that simply doesn't help us improve. We need to pick up the scraps from Premiership/Championship clubs if we are actually going to improve as a team. Far from ideal, but it is the way it is with this stupid transfer window.

I am as seriously underwhelmed as most other people to date but willing to give it a chance until

(a) let's see how the new signings actually perform in the two games against the Swedes and the United game
    (b) let's see who we sign by 31st August and whether we keep the likes of Ferguson or not.
    Aye, but the problem is, Cormack DOES believe he’s backed Glass.
    Him & Rob Wicks have both said so.
    This is despite the fact we have two fit central defenders in the squad & two fit strikers.
    He seems smugly happy with the squad.
    He’s in for a shock

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Aye, but the problem is, Cormack DOES believe he’s backed Glass.
    Him & Rob Wicks have both said so.
    This is despite the fact we have two fit central defenders in the squad & two fit strikers.
    He seems smugly happy with the squad.
    He’s in for a shock
    I sincerely hope that Cormack/Wicks are keeping their cards close to their chests at the moment as the reality looks somewhat different. So far we have spent wages/loan fees on 6 players (Brown/Gallacher/Ramirez/JET/Gurr/Jenks) but have saved wages/loan fees on the equivalent of 8 players (whole season of Taylor/Hoban and half season of Logan/Leigh/Hernandez/Wright/Cosgrove/Watkins/Main/Hornby/Hendry/Kamberi/Anderson/Edmondson).

I realise that not all players are paid the same but I really struggle to see that we have upped the wage/loan bill much at all so the backing from Cormack to Glass looks pretty lukewarm at best as of today but hopefully that will look a bit different by the end of August as surely as you say we will bring in 2-3 players to strengthen the centre of defense and up front

I generally start a new season full of optimism. This coming season I have none and have told the club exactly that and why I have these thoughts. I feel we are under prepared for Thursday, I really can't see us getting through over two legs. I so so hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right then I feel it will be a very long and difficult season. I reluctantly renewed my season ticket because I could afford to. I also think the price of a ticket for Thursday is way over the top and the fact we have only thus far sold what we have would bear that concensus of opinion out. First game back with fans, we should be champing at the bit. The fact we are not tells me more than justb myself are seeing through Cormack's false promises already.

If most ( if not all) tickets have been taken by season ticket holders, who were season ticket holders last year, then the tickets should have been free.

The season ticket sales is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    To be fair, if he was all signing and all dancing then you'd have **** all else to post about.
    I suppose if i did not post now and again on here with my opinion then you would have fcuk all else to post about either, so win win eh.
    As I say I'm given them both a chance, but don't trust Cormack at all.

I suppose if i did not post now and again on here with my opinion then you would have fcuk all else to post about either, so win win eh.
    As I say I'm given them both a chance, but don't trust Cormack at all.
    He’s been on the wrong ‘un list since his humiliating personal climbdown over post-imperial Suez, four years before he was born.

That’s what I was telt by Eck the Claik, the rumour zoomer doon the boozer.

Page 143 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast