+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

[QUOTE=Don_Corleone;39786959]Don't think so - I think i read somewhere Boyle had a £500K buyout clause. No way Hibs would take £300K plus a duff winger from one of their biggest rivals when they could get the full £500K from somewhere else.

Apparently it’s a straight £500k cash for Boyle or it’s £700k if we throw in Kennedy as part of the deal.(boom, boom)

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I pointed all of this out to whoever it was phoned me last week from the club asking if i wanted to or would be renewing my AberDNA. I certainly wont be until I see some tangible evidence of that and from the signings made so far I don't see it.
    We will need to be busy in the transfer market quickly or a decent team won’t be gathered together for the start of preseason. Still time though.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We will need to be busy in the transfer market quickly or a decent team won’t be gathered together for the start of preseason. Still time though.
    Did Glass not say he wanted all the transfer dealings done before the start of pre-season? I know that’s probably unrealistic and one or two would come in a bit later, but if he’s that keen to get stuff done early you’d expect a bit more to be happening by now.

All I’ve heard this week rumours wise is the RB Gurr on loan and this guy Ramirez as a possibility up front. I think the longer the Clark Robertson thing drags on the less likely that is to happen (which may not be a bad thing - but if he’s first choice and we miss him I hate to think who the backup option is).

MSM said he expected one, maybe two, announcements this week, so perhaps we’ll get a surprise today.

Good for you.

My point was...why buy a season ticket at the moment when there is very little chance of it getting used and when we haven’t signed enough players to do anything? Cormack promised us a team that will aim to win all competitions we enter, I await the evidence.
    So why does that make someone daft if they choose to buy a season ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So why does that make someone daft if they choose to buy a season ticket?
    I’ll give you a clue....why would you spend say £400 on a season ticket when you don’t know if you can get to the football and you don’t know what players you have signed. If you want to throw money away then fair enough but there is more deserving people who would be better getting the funds than a club with Multi millionaires running the show.

My opinion is let them sell you a quality product before you give them a cent. Each to their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

MSM said he expected one, maybe two, announcements this week, so perhaps we’ll get a surprise today.
    I am just glad it isn’t a Derek McInnes transfer window because we would be talking about how many sitting midfielders we would play in the first team.

I’ll give you a clue....why would you spend say £400 on a season ticket when you don’t know if you can get to the football and you don’t know what players you have signed. If you want to throw money away then fair enough but there is more deserving people who would be better getting the funds than a club with Multi millionaires running the show.

My opinion is let them sell you a quality product before you give them a cent. Each to their own though.
    Glad we got to the bottom of it. Thanks for your constant input.

but there is more deserving people who would be better getting the funds than a club with Multi millionaires running the show.
    But who are you to say how people choose to spend their own money? And that includes those multi millionaires running the show.

I am just glad it isn’t a Derek McInnes transfer window because we would be talking about how many sitting midfielders we would play in the first team.
    We've still got enough sitting midfielders to run about 4 teams. Brown, McGeouch, Ojo, Campbell, Virtanen, Ferguson, McCrorie (I know the last two are more box to box types, but McInnes mainly deployed them defensively). Still searching for the new Stephen Gleeson - McInnes never did manage to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Glad we got to the bottom of it. Thanks for your constant input.
    I would return the compliment but stuff that

Page 75 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast