+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 159 of 164 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post

I remember Master Bates from his Hun days when he was still a w@nker
    Going for the cheap obvious shot, just this once.

Longstaffe interview on Red TV…

- he’s had the Obviously injection, peppering samples throughout the conversation, rivalling McGinn’s adverbial genius

- Ryan Fraser advised him to join up saying that it’s “a great club”. Why did you, then, **** us up the arse, Fraser? Boooo.

- black mark to Mal Panton for saying that Ryan’s “a great lad”. Is he ****. Just stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    It would be really helpful to the club, and all clubs in Europe with leagues starting in August, if the transfer window "slammed" shut at the end of July. Being at the end of August only helps the bigger clubs.
    Pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Pish.
    Thank you, again, for your incisive contribution. Would you care to give your reasoning why it's pish?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    It would be really helpful to the club, and all clubs in Europe with leagues starting in August, if the transfer window "slammed" shut at the end of July. Being at the end of August only helps the bigger clubs.
    Would say it's massively benefitted us, Glass said 4 weeks ago we were good and it's given him time to see what we are like and see that we needed a bit more depth

I'd be interested to see whether this is the significant increase in the wage bill that Cormack was crowing about a couple of weeks ago. I must admit, getting a Premiership midfielder, A former Celtic captain, and a number of internationals in the squad does seem a step up from where we've been aiming previously.
    I do however thing the signing of Longstaff means that Ferguson is all but away. Anything north of 2.5 million and he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Would say it's massively benefitted us, Glass said 4 weeks ago we were good and it's given him time to see what we are like and see that we needed a bit more depth
    I don't see it that way. All managers keep their cards close to their chests when talking about players. I also would think that the three players incoming were being discussed between the clubs a few weeks ago. But if the English clubs had to name their squads by the end of July we would have had these players in before the European games rather than after we are out.

That’s 2 good signings imo.

Longstaff will do well for us even if it is just a loan deal.

Bates is a good defender from what I seen of him playing for Scotland a few years ago, although I’m sure it won’t be long until he is deemed pish by some

Newcastle fan. Longstaff is a good wee player, neat and tidy on the ball, has a goal in him and has never looked out of place in the super shiny post '92 Sky League. I'd say he's Ferguson's replacement.

Him and Bates increase the ginger quotient which is never a bad thing.

Wingless Wonders

The thing i would be questioning is how the squad is full of central strikers and central midfielders and with only 2 what you would consider to be bona fida wingers in Hayes and McGinn who are both practically shot and past it as footballers

McLennan and hedges are not really wingers, Mclennan is a headless chicken who runs around a lot and tries but has no attributes to be a winger and Hedges is more of a link up number 10 type , he is most certainly not a wide player

I would assume this is also the end of Lewis Ferguson to the highest bidder, can't see how he can fit so many central midfielders in an XI, hes already using OJO as a wideman, and he's not a winger either

Either that or he goes to a back 5 and uses wingbacks, that would allow an attacking triumverate of Hedges and Watkins behind a striker with the wingbacks providing the attacking width

Page 159 of 164 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast