+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 129 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Unfortunately the old boss made sure they are still under contract. We can't keep getting rid of players and signing new ones at the same time.

Glass is onto a hiding to nothing.
    It was Glass that gave McGinn a new deal.

As much as I think McGinn has been a good player for us he is well past his best and should have been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

As much as I think McGinn has been a good player for us he is well past his best and should have been replaced.
    It would have been virtually impossible and huge challenge to just release all out of contract players
    Think Glass needs more than one window to bring in the changes needed , yes we as fans want it now but it wil take a few windows .
    At least as he stated in interview we ain't throwing long and expensive contracts on gambles .

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

It would have been virtually impossible and huge challenge to just release all out of contract players
    Think Glass needs more than one window to bring in the changes needed , yes we as fans want it now but it wil take a few windows .
    At least as he stated in interview we ain't throwing long and expensive contracts on gambles .

Double dunt, Drambuie n beer kickin in . On way home from long hitch 😂

come on maintstandmoan. we need something

I think the signings so far have given us a good basis to blood more of the young players over the season. Yes we still need another striker, but I still have a liking for Devlin , who has been so unlucky with injuries so with him and Vartenen as cover at the back lets see how we go.The club is not awash with cash after the covid challenges of last year and we need to get more of a return from our home grown talents .
    Remember it was with an air of desparatiion that Mcinnes brought in McKenna who soon proved to be worthy of the promotion. Let's see how many of the others can shape up.

It would appear that any cash available from a Euro run is not worth speculating for given our squad for the coming qualifying rounds. If Hedges gets injured then it is hard to see where chances will come from and our defence has hardly been strengthened alongside our bombscare keeper. I really hope Glass is the man for the job but it seems we will have to be patient as for the moment he seems more content to get his backroom team in order. Oh and wasting money on crocks and has beens. Can't blame Glass for McLennan though.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    our bombscare keeper
    Crikey.

Oh and wasting money on crocks and has beens.
    Blimey

McLennan
    Strewth

Page 129 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast