+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

No injury prone players please,

Significant change in our transfer policy then?

I think the Griffiths rumour only really started after it was announced that Brown could potentially be influencing 2 internationals to join us. Heard Gallagher was definitely one of them and he had agreed....this was a few weeks ago though so don’t know why the sudden interest from the media etc about us trying to secure him now. I really am not sure who the other one is...hope it’s not Watkins or anyone else with a terrible scoring record. Also we need fit players who are ready to get the sleeves rolled up in the very first match of the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think the Griffiths rumour only really started after it was announced that Brown could potentially be influencing 2 internationals to join us. Heard Gallagher was definitely one of them and he had agreed....this was a few weeks ago though so don’t know why the sudden interest from the media etc about us trying to secure him now. I really am not sure who the other one is...hope it’s not Watkins or anyone else with a terrible scoring record. Also we need fit players who are ready to get the sleeves rolled up in the very first match of the new season.
    RJ, the Griffiths deal is far from dead, apparently been house hunting up here over the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    RJ, the Griffiths deal is far from dead, apparently been house hunting up here over the last couple of days.
    the old ones are the best

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    the old ones are the best
    apparently it has been Stewart Milne himself that has been arranging the hose viewings for him

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    You can’t really take into consideration him purchasing a house in Aberdeen. The real reason is Glasgow and Edinburgh wasn’t big enough for his kids.

As reported earlier....Declan Gallagher is set to be unveiled at Pittodrie. Hopefully even this week

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    As reported earlier....Declan Gallagher is set to be unveiled at Pittodrie. Hopefully even this week
    Should be an improvement. Hopefully he doesn’t turn out to be another Devlin, who I guess was a similar type of signing. Other than a couple of the Scotland games where he did really well I’ve not really noticed him much but get the impression he’s a no nonsense defender rather than one who’ll necessarily fit in with the playing out from the back philosophy. For that reason I’d be interested to see him paired up with McCrorie in central defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Should be an improvement. Hopefully he doesn’t turn out to be another Devlin, who I guess was a similar type of signing. Other than a couple of the Scotland games where he did really well I’ve not really noticed him much but get the impression he’s a no nonsense defender rather than one who’ll necessarily fit in with the playing out from the back philosophy. For that reason I’d be interested to see him paired up with McCrorie in central defence.
    Not sure about McCrorie as a central defender. He is easily beaten in the air for a defender but I will give him the benefit of doubt as he is a young player who will get better. He will need to toughen up a bit and put more dig into matches and on top of everything his concentration levels have to improve. Having the experience of Gallagher keeping him right could be the answer. I certainly don’t want him influenced by our current quitters.

Apparently Declan Gallagher used to play a bit of baseball in his spare time, without the ball that is. Wonder if Duncan Ferguson could still do a job for us? Even bring Goodwillie back with Matrindale as assistant Manager?

Seriously, Gallagher is past 30 now too, but likely an improvement in footballing terms on the current crop.

Page 27 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast