+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 164 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Are you the reincarnation of our much loved mainstandmoan?
    Ha, don’t think anyone’s replacing the level, and accuracy, of info MSM provides (provided?). I believe this info is right though.

F uck me, it better not be Callum Hendry.
    Sheite
    And he’d cost a fee.
    Very underwhelming if it’s him.
    There must be out of contract strikers better than St Johnstone’s 4th choice FFS?
    My thoughts also RST,i hope its not Hendry

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Jamie McCart from St Johnstone, son of ex Motherwell defender Christ McCart?
    Calum Hendry from St Johnstone, son of ex Rangers defender Colin Hendry?

McCart is a good left sided centre back, Hendry is a hard working striker who hardly ever scores, the kind of guff we've had to endure for years under McInnes
    I'd rather Kerr from St Johnstone if we were signing a defender from them

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    Ha, don’t think anyone’s replacing the level, and accuracy, of info MSM provides (provided?). I believe this info is right though.
    And was my guess correct?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think McGraths worth the risk even if it costs us £400k.

Last season our top scorers were Ferguson with 10 goals,Hedges with 9 goals,Main with 4 goals then a bunch of players on 3 goals so it’s obvious we need more goal scorers in the team.

I would rather we signed him than option B which is probably some guy from the states who has played a couple of games for Atlanta United.
    £400k is a no brainier.
    I suspect his value has gone beyond that though, with the international call up & cap.
    I know he’s only got 12 months left but not sure £400k is enough.

And was my guess correct?

No, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we were trying to get him as well. And I do think we’re trying to get a couple of other St. Johnstone players.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_End_Bob View Post
    No, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we were trying to get him as well. And I do think we’re trying to get a couple of other St. Johnstone players.
    We're not going to sign half the St Johnstone starting line up. The only ones I'd imagine we'd be interested in would be McCann (who we won't be able to afford now), Kerr, Gordon and McCart (any of whom would be good signings, although you do wonder whether their success has been built on the fact they work well together as a unit, and they may not be so good split up), or the goalie Clark (if we are looking to offload Lewis, which I'd be in favour of). Maybe the boy Rooney at right back, but it sounds like the guy from America is coming so can't see that.

I can see us getting one of the above with Kennedy thrown in as a sweetener, but can't see us raiding them for more than one player.

I guess the problem we might have in going for players who are under contract might be that we got £5 million for McKenna and Cosgrove so clubs like St Johnstone and St Mirren will think we have money to burn which probably isn’t the case.

Can’t really blame them considering we are looking for a couple of million for Ferguson.

Pretty boring though, isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I guess the problem we might have in going for players who are under contract might be that we got £5 million for McKenna and Cosgrove so clubs like St Johnstone and St Mirren will think we have money to burn which probably isn’t the case.

Can’t really blame them considering we are looking for a couple of million for Ferguson.
    There is an element of that. We need to move on if they are asking for too much. Plenty more fish in the sea. Thousands according to Gunner

Page 96 of 164 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast