+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 152 of 164 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    When the **** was the word "squad", or "sqaad" in bygone days on here, replaced by "group"? Glasso uses it about a dozen times in his comments in today's Psychosis & Jojoba.

I suspect Largs, as it's become a commonplace term used by "head coaches".

Booooo.
    Ah feel ye min .... there's a world o' difference atween "it taen a squaad o' bobbies tae get him in the van" and "it taen a group o' bobbies tae get him in the van"

Fit's next? Fraud group? Sodgers bein referred tae as groupies?

So, 10 days or so of the window to go. Carrying injuries already. Chequebook/loan time I think, otherwise it’s going to be a long tough slog to January.

A CB, creative mid and 3rd striker. Without that, can’t see us being competitive, unless we can magic up another youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    So, 10 days or so of the window to go. Carrying injuries already. Chequebook/loan time I think, otherwise it’s going to be a long tough slog to January.

A CB, creative mid and 3rd striker. Without that, can’t see us being competitive, unless we can magic up another youngster.
    We needed another CB before last night, if Considine has done his ligaments we probably need two assuming the lesser-spotted Devlin continues to do his invisible man impersonation.

I'm not sure we will bring in another midfielder unless we sell Ferguson as Jenks in theory is the creative midfielder, however if we fail to bring in another forward then any remaining faith I have in Cormack will be gone.

Well, again Cormack was there last night. If he's as big a fan as he keeps telling us he is then he has to see the glaring deficiencies in the squad (sorry group). We desperately need signings in defence and up front. Desperately.

I'd say we're short of a left back; 2 centre halves (if Devlin has vanished) & 2 forwards (if it's 4-4-2) - admittedly we have 2 or 3 midfielders too many. If we do have the 3rd highest wage bill some players are seriously overpaid!

In the near future Considine, Brown, Hayes & McGinn need replacing (presumably Hedges & Ferguson too). New recruitment boy is going to be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    I'd say we're short of a left back; 2 centre halves (if Devlin has vanished) & 2 forwards (if it's 4-4-2) - admittedly we have 2 or 3 midfielders too many. If we do have the 3rd highest wage bill some players are seriously overpaid!

In the near future Considine, Brown, Hayes & McGinn need replacing (presumably Hedges & Ferguson too). New recruitment boy is going to be busy.
    Agree with nearly all of that but Ngenwya could be decent cover at left back and should be given a shot this weekend. If Mckenzie needs to play in the back 3 then he should get some decent game time. There's no point in having international defenders if you are never going to play them, particularly if your other option is to play a small left winger at left back.

Glass has made it clear that he is trying to get at least a defender and a striker. I think he will get what he wants and one or two will be gone on loan.

Question

When did he say he wanted another defender ?

Now that Considine's injured we need 2 central defenders, a striker and a winger; possibly more if Hedges or Ferguson Leave.

I heard that we are set to offer £300K plus Kennedy for McGrath.

Would like to see us go for Kerr but can't see that happening if they qualify for the Group stages.
    Last edited by GGMDONS; 21-08-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Well, again Cormack was there last night. If he's as big a fan as he keeps telling us he is then he has to see the glaring deficiencies in the squad (sorry group). We desperately need signings in defence and up front. Desperately.
    To be fair to Cormack, he gave DM all the backing he needed last year at this time when similar injury problems hit.

We all see the glaring deficiencies - there’s no way Glass and Cormack don’t see it - it’s what they are going to do about it that matters.

Marley Watkins free again now. That signing for a start remains an absolute no brainer for me.

McGrath, Kerr and AN Other decent CH and we’d be well set.

Get it done chaps...

Marley Watkins would be Good but I also feel we have never replaced Christie when he went back to his Club.

Page 152 of 164 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast