+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Born and bred Arab?

Born Maryfield Hospital
    Been away from Dundee on and off over the years
    Couldn't afford ST for a number of years! Scraped pocket money for home matches - so I guess not a true supporter financially
    First match v Dees that i can remember when i was 3 at 'Denadump' - It hasn't changed much.
    Did a 1000 mile round trip in about 36 hours to see the League win in 83!
    Why DUFC - My uncle used to work in the pie shop at the corner of what is now George Fox/Eddie Thompson - wee black sheds if I remember.
    Always say you should support a team from where you are born; but happy to accept fans from wherever

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    i was maryfield as well - a fantastic breed delivered there obviously
    Clearly not, as I was also a Maryfield child 🤣

Born - Ninewells
    Live - Dundee
    First game - Utd 1-0 The fun early 93 , in the shed high up in the corner in line with the George fox, big dunc with the winner
    https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=372

Was already Utd fan (first kits 1990/91) just hadn't been taken to games, never looked back since that first match, some amazing nights and a fair share of lows, pretty much most of 1998-2006... Ever grateful to Levein for turning us round as the decade to follow was a pleasure with some brilliant sides and players, 94 final still number 1 for me and love 96/97 as a season, one of my favs and always will be, however to see us take 28k and win the second one in the Hampden sunshine as an adult and see just how far we had come as a club is just as special

Also feel right now is more pleasing than it seems, the first half of 2018 was the lowest we have ever been on and off the pitch since pre 1960, we were genuinely a joke and lost to majority of the championship home and away in a few month period with a clown in charge and the fun in the prem, like him or dislike him the choice of Neilson was the right one at the time to turn us around and get us up, had we got that decision wrong (Mcintyre and Caldwell were available) then Its scary the state we'd be in now it would have really undone all the work that had gone in from the sixties onwards, however we are back where we belong, the fanbase remains just as strong as pre relegation and the fun blew their opportunity of a lifetime (ha ha)

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    like him or dislike him the choice of Neilson was the right one at the time to turn us around and get us up, had we got that decision wrong (Mcintyre and Caldwell were available)
    No one could have known at the time, but Jim McIntyre had an infinitely more important and awesome responsibility awaiting him that in terms of progressing Dundee United he just simply could not afford to get wrong.

And of course he didn't.

Last edited by JamesMcClean; 30-03-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Clearly not, as I was also a Maryfield child ��
    long time no see ads - how are things?

long time no see ads - how are things?
    Cheers Shedboy, just incredibly busy mate that's all. In relation to the thread;

Born in Dundee, but childhood spent moving between Burnley and Dundee. Lived in Whitfield and Charleston and went to Whitfield High. First United game was the league Cup final derby I think, but my memory is not the best 🤣 but fell in love with United at first glance I know that. Feel privileged and proud to have witnessed United at their finest and got to hero worship the very best players to have ever pulled on the shirt.

Affy lot of Whitfield connections in this thread.

Whitfield is Tangerine

Born Alexandria, have always lived in Balloch. Started supporting United in 1987. Strangely though I witnessed us winning the league at Dens as we went to the match with friends who had moved to Dundee. I don't remember much about it, except the back of people's legs, but it must have made an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Affy lot of Whitfield connections in this thread.

Whitfield is Tangerine
    weird isnt it lol - i reckon they all said the ferry before but now Terry has shown his distate for ferry types reverted back to whitfield

weird isnt it lol - i reckon they all said the ferry before but now Terry has shown his distate for ferry types reverted back to whitfield
    Ken. I am a 5 minute walk to DD5 so hope he doesn't start on me

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)