+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Born and bred Arab?

Born Monifieth and still live here. Father supported United - his brothers supported Dundee. His cousin was Peter Lorimer.

Born in Kilmarnock. Moved to Dundee area when I was 5. Lived in Nottingham for the last 14 years.

Wasn't particularly interested in football until one day in 1987 (primary 6 for me, I think) when I arrived at school to find loads of guys in their United trackys, scarves, flags, etc chanting and signing. Turns out United had beaten Barcelona at Tannadice the previous evening. Totally didn't understand it at the time but it was enough to get me hooked as an arab.

First game was the following season v Coleraine.

Born in Maryfield hospital. First match Utd 1-0 win at home to Celtic
    I was in the Shed End with my dad as a 12 year old to see Frank kopel score the only goal in the very first minute
    Brought up in Fintry,Whitfield then Fintry again
    Now live in Leuchars
    Still attend Tannadice every home game

Born in Dundee.
    Lived Hilltown, St Marys, now beside Wellgate centre.
    Cant remember 1st game but remember sitting on the trackside wall at the enclosure that is now the JM Stand.
    Was at same school as Gunboat & Utd4me.
    Worked at Tanny 10 years,
    Been ill last 1 1/2 years but still renewing my seat in the ET Lower.

Dundee
    Lived in Craigie Went to St Saviours High
    Left Dundee when I was 20
    Lived in Edinburgh, London, Paisley and now Glasgow.

born Broughty Ferry
    lived Dundee for first 18 years, grew up in Baxter Park, almost literally
    lived in Toronto for one year but was homesick for Tannadice
    university in the capital for 4 years, Heriot-Watt for 3 after kicked out of Edinburgh
    lived in Dundee since then

Loving this thread,well done SB71 you are back on form,FACT.

Its strange though that some of the posters who only tend to appear on here to support foreign nations arnie willing to give their DUFC supporting history.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You are very welcome once we are allowed. I have decent sized front and back gardens and it's ace when the weather is nice. WFH becomes WFG.
    I will be up Terence,FACT and lets throw in a WASC.

Born in Dundee. Went to Kirkton High. Now live and work in Perth. Hate Saintees worse than I hate the Fun.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)