+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess long term we expect to stay down?

I suppose it could be for sell on value like they did with Ritchie & Shelvey a year ago back who’s contracts were due up within 18 months. I’d expect Murphy to be tied up before the end his deal as well. I’m probably being unrealistic with optimism and it’s probably more about preparing for more underachieving. Presumably Bruce has bügger all to do with this decision either, him and Ashley are a couple of absolute twãts, it wouldn’t surprise me if the real reason was for Fatboy owner to get one over Fatboy manager and Fatboy manager will now play Gayle less to stick one up to Fatboy owner. As I said, a couple of fücking twâts.

Mind, if Gayle signs, it could be a good indication that Bruce is off...surely he wouldn't bother if Bruce was staying as he clearly doesn't rate him.

I'm afraid you're all wrong lads and lasses, it's all just part of the cunning plan to get the takeover done in the Championship rather than the PL. We'll come back up with the likes of Messi, Mbappe and the boys ready to storm the PL and win the league in the first season back. OK, cuff me now, I'll come quietly !

i think the contract is a reflection on Ashley covering his bases.

The lads contract is up in the summer, we had turned down various offers of 20m region for him, so there is a market for Gayle. Ashley is hoping to cash in on the player if an offer arrives.

On the other hand, Gayle tears up the championship , he has proven to be outstanding in that league,

I would think SB is seen by MA as the right man to bring us back. Would also think he will have to attempt it with a much weakened squad (if thats even possible).

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

On the other hand, Gayle tears up the championship , he has proven to be outstanding in that league,
    Problem is I don't think Gayle will this time round. He's a year older but, more importantly, he's had a large part of the year with little or no game time. The irony, of course, is that someone like Ivan Toney would be ideal.

Or Adam Armstrong... or mitro.... or Rondon... or hosses poo....

Alright... I went too far

I think this is Ashley covering his back myself.

But yes, I'd say we are also now seriously preparing to go down.

I sadly agree that it is likely Bruce will be seen as the man to bring us up again :| So I'd fully expect to finish low in chimpo.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Or Adam Armstrong... or mitro.... or Rondon... or hosses poo....

Alright... I went too far
    No, Mick, you didn't. I think any of those players would actually improve the squad and that's the most damning indictment I can think of.

We are at our lowest ebb since 1992 when keegan rode into town to rescue us from dripping into the 3rd division....

I phucking hate Ashley....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)