+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Back to action after the International break and it's pretty clear that there is not going to be such a thing as a routine game in this Millers' season. Again the narrative includes a red card, penalties not given or missed when they are and a defensive lapse/well taken goal resulting in another narrow 1-0 defeat. Nice to see some of the long term injuries back though and on to Monday where 3 points will be invaluable but not gifted.

Thoughts?

Didn’t think we played well tbh, they have a good keeper who made a great save from Icky, Smith who hasn’t had his best today went wrong way with pen but it was crap anyway

Angus motm

Ref was ****

Needs to up our game against Wycombe

Gutted

We were in control until the lummocks got sent off.

What has he got for brains?

Even if the Millwall player had scored.....at least Woody would not have got a ban.

A stupid piece of play which might cost us a place in the division.

Angus Macdonald was outstanding today

Decent performance overall, same as the game against them at NYS, if anything we were the better side but done by a bit of Jed Wallace skill, he is a good player. Onwards and upwards it's still in our hands, but we cannot keep not scoring from penalties, let that be Smithy's last one. I wasn't confident when he picked the ball up to take it.

Hand on heart not a hindsight question but when Smudge has a penalty does anyone else always get the feeling he won't score? I don't know what it is but they never seem to go in. Pushed them even with 10 men mind you and it took a special finish to beat us. Hmm.

Smithy 😡😡 Wood out for 1 game 😡

Brave of Warne to go for it with a triple sub to go two up front late on, thing is Hirst has to be the most ineffective forward loan signing we have ever made. We huffed and we puffed but 10/11 showed in the end. Great goal and well taken but too much space allowed for the shot.

Got to revert back to a 4-4-2 against Wycombe on Monday and let Giles and Ogbene have a go at them from both flanks and have Smith & Freddie up front.

Really disappointed. I thought that we were naive and played into Milwall's hands by pushing defenders up too easily when attacking and leaving gaps for their quick fellas up front and it eventually paid off for them. Other than that we were more than a match for them and couldn't really see much difference even with 10 men, we kept pushing and missed a great chance with the pen. Smith shouldn't be taking them, he's not got a bad pens record but never feel confident with him taking them, especially after missing one recently and being the pressure of a few mins left and a ***** point at stake.

But if we win on Monday I'll be more than happy. That's going to be a very tough game though, a proper scrap. Great to see Lyndsey back and Cheo on the bench for the run in. Think they're gonna be needed. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Gutted

We were in control until the lummocks got sent off.

What has he got for brains?

Even if the Millwall player had scored.....at least Woody would not have got a ban.

A stupid piece of play which might cost us a place in the division.

Angus Macdonald was outstanding today
    He has been great for us throughout the season but it did look like one of those games for Woody from the outset. Everything was clumsy

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Hand on heart not a hindsight question but when Smudge has a penalty does anyone else always get the feeling he won't score? I don't know what it is but they never seem to go in. Pushed them even with 10 men mind you and it took a special finish to beat us. Hmm.
    I always expect him (well I did) to score, his last two though ****. He had to be great today against that keeper, he went wrong way and it was a rubbish pen.

..old habits come back to haunt us. Terrible match, other than their goal, which could have gone anywhere but didn't, no quality at all.

Can't miss penalties and expect owt. That's the last 2 Smudge has missed. Just stutter the run up or blast it down the middle.........pity Balaser had gone off.....

Never mind on to Monday..................

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast