+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ye Olde Matchdaye Chatte Roome

Ye Olde Matchdaye Chatte Roome

Does anyone remember the days of the match day chatroom? Was it on R1vals or before that? I remember listening to Uncle Colin on my 192k BT Highway connection deep in the Yorkshire Dales on a dodgy akamai stream and typing what he said in his commentary as fast as I could into the chat box so those fans in far flung places could have some rough textual idea of what was going on. Blimey the internet has changed fast. Streaming with live pictures in glorious Technicolour. Who'd have thunk it eh?

Anyone else remember? I seem to recall that was where St. Comeoneth made his/her first appearance and the name was invoked thereafter any time we needed a late equaliser/winner.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-04-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone remember the days of the match day chatroom? Was it on R1vals or before that? I remember listening to Uncle Colin on my 192k BT Highway connection deep in the Yorkshire Dales on a dodgy akamai stream and typing what he said in his commentary as fast as I could into the chat box so those fans in far flung places could have some rough textual idea of what was going on. Blimey the internet has changed fast. Streaming with live pictures in glorious Technicolour. Who'd have thunk it eh?

Anyone else remember? I seem to recall that was where St. Comeoneth made his/her first appearance and the name was invoked thereafter any time we needed a late equaliser/winner.
    Yes it was rivals I was perth_pie in those days and basford_pie before that!

Was this still running during Munto season or was that a newer one?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Was this still running during Munto season or was that a newer one?
    Different one I think, that would have been early/mid 2000’s.

I was outlawpie back then. And garymillsfootballgenius for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

Yes I remember the Rlvals one, used to be really good on a Sunday night too.

Then there was the other more recent one that Magwales helped moderate. With that really offensive bloke who used to get drunker and drunker as the match wore on and always ended up being chucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post

Then there was the other more recent one that Magwales helped moderate. With that really offensive bloke who used to get drunker and drunker as the match wore on and always ended up being chucked out.
    He sounds very familiar

I was on a version of Rivals circa 2004 onwards, under the username Penalty King.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post

Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of. I always had visions of people coming in and out through a revolving door for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

Presumably for a very,very,very short time.

St Comeoneth was mostly useless wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    St Comeoneth was mostly useless wasn't he?
    Unfortunately yes. He did come through for us once or twice though I think!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast