+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    How many points required to make promotion a cert?
    Can't be done in this game. There are three more games to come, and you can get a maximum 24 points for a win. If we win and Middles ex fail to win at Durham it will open a big gap though, making a top two place highly likely.

Wrapped it up quickly today - great win

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Wrapped it up quickly today - great win
    Promotion should now be a formality. We have a 30 point lead over Middles ex, and our last 3 games are at home to Leicestershire and Durham and away to Worcestershire, all in the bottom four. It will be disappointing if we don't go up as champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Promotion should now be a formality. We have a 30 point lead over Middles ex, and our last 3 games are at home to Leicestershire and Durham and away to Worcestershire, all in the bottom four. It will be disappointing if we don't go up as champions.
    Glamorgan could be a bigger threat than Middles ex as they have a game in hand. However, they still have to play 2nd placed Middles ex and 4th placed Derbyshire. I reckon whatever the other teams do 43 more points will see us promoted (possibly won't need that many). The title is ours to lose. The weather may have a bearing, as there are no more County Championship matches now till September.

What is ridiculous is that the ECB have not made a decision on what format the County Championship will take next season. They will probably say no promotion for counties that start with a letter N.

Sadly the standard of play in Div 2 is shocking and Div 1 is not much better!
    The ECB are trying there hardest to destroy county cricket.
    You can see better cricket in the Notts Premier league 1& 2

Watched Notts on the live stream today. Some good performances from the younsters, ending with a comfortable 65 run win. Hameed was very impressive captaining the side, making some left field calls and very composed.
    Highlight for me was the keeping of Dane Schadendorf, reminded me of Chris Read, very calm and unfussy, way better than Tom Moore's, cannot think why he is not first choice keeper 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Watched Notts on the live stream today. Some good performances from the younsters, ending with a comfortable 65 run win. Hameed was very impressive captaining the side, making some left field calls and very composed.
    Highlight for me was the keeping of Dane Schadendorf, reminded me of Chris Read, very calm and unfussy, way better than Tom Moore's, cannot think why he is not first choice keeper 😉
    The two players who have been big disappointments in an otherwise good season so far are Joe Clarke and Tom Moores, and both seem to retain their place on a 'one good game in four' basis. Seeing as we are in such a strong position in the four day game it would be good to see the likes of Schadendorf, Budinger and Montgomery given a chance to show what they can do. Can't see it happening, because Clarke and Moores seem to have guaranteed selection.

What a performance by Notts, just about perfection. It was a great knock by Sol Budinger who goes about an innings in the mould as Alex Hales, if it is in his half it is going. Another very accomplished display behind the stumps by Schadendorf, including another stumping, not difficult but made to look ridiculously easy.
    I know the competition has it's critics, but if it is used purely to develop young talent then fair enough as long as counties reflect that in the admission prices as Notts did the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    What a performance by Notts, just about perfection. It was a great knock by Sol Budinger who goes about an innings in the mould as Alex Hales, if it is in his half it is going. Another very accomplished display behind the stumps by Schadendorf, including another stumping, not difficult but made to look ridiculously easy.
    I know the competition has it's critics, but if it is used purely to develop young talent then fair enough as long as counties reflect that in the admission prices as Notts did the other day.
    Agree, the win today was as easy as they come. I watched some of the Somerset live stream and the commentary was abysmal. It was basically two blokes exchanging boring cricket chat interrupted by the occasional "He's been caught behind" a few seconds after the wicket had fallen. Dave Bracegirdle may have no taste in football teams, but at least he commentates on the cricket.

I enjoy this competition much more than that trashy franchise 'The Hundred', and as you say a fiver a game is excellent value.

Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast