+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Prince Philip.

RIP Prince Philip.

I’m not a royalist but I liked the old fella.

A character.

Indeed, he was of his generation and a great servant to his adopted country. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Indeed, he was of his generation and a great servant to his adopted country. RIP
    Was he Greek or Nazi?

I’ve never been 100% sure.

A racist and a bigot, but it was okay what he said because it was good old Phil.
    He used to shoot Tigers and then they made him president of the WWF. You couldn't make it up.

This may be an unsympathetic comment but I will be wondering how many will be allowed to attend his funeral, whilst thousands which includes myself have lost those dear to them were in fact banned from a proper goodbye/send off over the last 12 months?

As with all of us, he wasn't perfect, but I feel that his positives far outweighed the negatives. He has been a steadfast support to the Queen and contributed greatly to our country. Yes, he made some gaffes and controversial comments but I feel that it only added to his persona. How many of us can put our hands on our hearts and say that we haven't said or done things that we wished we hadn't. None of us if we are truthfull. He wasn't a 'yes man' and thank goodness he wasn't. He was a strong character and it couldn't have been easy always playing 'second fiddle.'

I just hope that the sh it stirring failed movie star doesn't come over the funeral. She'd be better off staying away if she wants to avoid the wrath of the British public.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I just hope that the sh it stirring failed movie star doesn't come over the funeral. She'd be better off staying away if she wants to avoid the wrath of the British public.
    Couldn't agree more!

RIP Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

We can’t choose who we are born to and we all say things we regret, some more than once I guess. However he had one chance at life like us all. No one is perfect, so RIP fella.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)