+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viktor

Viktor

What a keeper this lad is. He was only supposed to be a backup keeper this season but he’s been thrown in early and he’s playing out of his skin. Confident, brave, supremely athletic and a real character ...and he will get even better. I can only imagine the rapport he will have with the fans in the North Stand when they finally get to meet him properly. Best Millers keeper for donkeys years.

Yup, should be looking at extending his contract ASAP (irrespective of which division we're in). Based on his displays I think they'll be plenty of suitors from other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    What a keeper this lad is. He was only supposed to be a backup keeper this season but he’s been thrown in early and he’s playing out of his skin. Confident, brave, supremely athletic and a real character ...and he will get even better. I can only imagine the rapport he will have with the fans in the North Stand when they finally get to meet him properly. Best Millers keeper for donkeys years.
    Yep. Has that blend of (potential) talent and character. Potential club legend. Seems like a great find. And he's a 1st team keeper that is actually ours!

While acknowledging the impact he has had (its scary he’s what 22 and how good he can become) I think it would be on his best interests to stay with us at least another season rather than sell him to say a top end club/bottom end Prem club tell him he’s our no 1 and will be first choice for us next season regardless of what division
    This shows our faith in him and gives him a bit of security rather than going and sitting on a “big” clubs bench/3rd choice and not being heard of again (look at Joe Hart for example hasn’t kicked a ball hardly in 5 years)
    I take in to account £ talks just think at this stage he needs some experience behind him he’s only played what 20 games get the confidence of being a no 1 and a favourite of the fans it’ll be better for us and him in the long run

On bbc Millers v Coventry match report, someone commenting said we have him
    on loan, from Leicester City, they hadn't done their home work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    On bbc Millers v Coventry match report, someone commenting said we have him
    on loan, from Leicester City, they hadn't done their home work.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester don’t come back for him if he keeps his current form going.

How old’s Schmeichel now?

We have a long tradition of good keepers from Jock Quairney onwards and I suspect Viktor will become the latest edition to the pantheon of great names. Everything about him is right.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    We have a long tradition of good keepers from Jock Quairney onwards and I suspect Viktor will become the latest edition to the pantheon of great names. Everything about him is right.
    Yep, that's exactly what I meant CT :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester don’t come back for him if he keeps his current form going.

How old’s Schmeichel now?
    Leicester City plenty of keepers on books Brin -
    We had Daniel Iversen on loan at NYS, from Leicester, at Preston on loan this season.

Kasper Schmeichel aged 34 - Danish
    Danny Ward aged 27 - Welsh
    Daniel Iversen aged 23 - Danish

We are very lucky to get Viktor Johansson, clubs will be taking note of his exploits, this season.

Wot u all talkin about. He flaps at crosses. A retired steelworker in Thurcroft who goes to home games, mean all, didn't get to where he is today without a vast knowledge of football. Which is exactly the same as horse racing.
    Last edited by Geetarman; 17-04-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast