+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: European Super League announced

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I heard we were one of the as yet unnamed teams who wanted sign up for this league citing major differences regarding fixture congestion and lack of empathy for our plight but the idea was turned down as proposals from Crewe and Grimsby were being given more support. ����
    I heard the same but I believe it was Peterborough who stuck the knife in to our bid. It's a blessing really because with our form on Sky we'd be the first team to end the season on 'nil points'.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the cheating ,diving, screaming like little girls, can **** off
    Me too. The whole thing stinks of Americanisation. Next thing will be ad breaks in the play every 15 mins or so. No kidding.

It might be **** at times being a Rotherham fan. We are a bit too good for league one and not good enough for the championship.
    But at least we don’t have to worry about our team forgetting their lifeblood of fans and setting off into the European sunset chasing even more money.
    I hope the premier league kick them out and all their players put in transfer requests.

Liverpool- you’ll never walk alone unless there’s a pot of money for the club to go after.

Arsenal are 9th and struggled to a draw against Fulham yesterday.

Tottenham have won **** all for 30 years.

Man Utd call themselves the republic on mancunia as if they are a fans club.

Man City and Chelsea spent most of the 80s in the second division and have forgotten their roots.

These clubs don’t give a **** about their fans or the communities.

That's a fair assessment Scum. Even the game rules are being changed to accommodate these 'total football' clubs. Give us back our FACup and league cup.

I thought this super league, to be contested by different top teams, from different
    countries, was a break away from the Champions league.
    With the teams still playing in their respective leagues, this idea will keep the teams
    financially sound, from TV money in this super league.
    We have Arsenal & Tottenham not doing much in winning a European trophy, so
    being in the 6 teams, would still bring money into their clubs.
    This idea is greed at the top level, these teams are not bothered about the fans
    watching them, the TV & sponsorship money will be the money goal, for these
    clubs.

Let them **** off and don’t accept them in Prem league again

This is exactly what happens when you give them an inch, they take a yard. ****ers

I won’t be watching any off it or them prem six

I remain unconvinced that it is a coincidence this has been announced in the midst of a global pandemic. It's said that corruption thrives in times of strife. Football fans should temper their disgust because this is a direct and inevitable consequence of 30 years of the spirit of football being divided into stacks of dollars. The various footballing authorise that have overseen the sale of our sport, are ran by shadowy figures who've pockets have been lined. Their protestations are akin to a trust fund middle class gap year student embarking on a year of travelling the world engaging in voluntourism.

Once the 12, or 15 clubs, frame this as a moral venture to divvy up the funds amongst the leagues and save the sport from an impending financial crisis, the various footballing authorities will fall silent, planning their next holiday with their hush money.

Be proud to be a Miller today. Be proud to support a club that 'lacks ambition'. Or, more generously, whose ambition operates within the framework of realism.

Any idea why our neighbours from S6 haven't been included in the plans?
    Last edited by daveemiller; 19-04-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Take the banner down you hypocrites

In this clip from MOTD2, presenter Mark Chapman says how there is currently a banner at Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium featuring a quote from Matt Busby, manager of the team at the time of the Munich air disaster in 1958, who then led United to their first European Cup triumph in 1968.

It reads: "Football is nothing without fans".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56797739

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I thought this super league, to be contested by different top teams, from different
    countries, was a break away from the Champions league.
    With the teams still playing in their respective leagues, this idea will keep the teams
    financially sound, from TV money in this super league.
    We have Arsenal & Tottenham not doing much in winning a European trophy, so
    being in the 6 teams, would still bring money into their clubs.
    This idea is greed at the top level, these teams are not bothered about the fans
    watching them, the TV & sponsorship money will be the money goal, for these
    clubs.
    ATM these teams get £50 million a year each from the Champions League, the Super League will give them £250 million, from a financial point of view it makes sense.

But that money will massively widen the gap between then and the other Premier League teams, why should they stand for it?

The only surprise here is that it's taken until now.
    Expected it to happen years ago
    For good or bad it's inevitable
    Last edited by flourbasher; 19-04-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast