+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Basic squad for next season?

Basic squad for next season?

Worrever league we are in although we will prob have a better chance of hanging on to some players if we stay up.

Johanson-assuming not poached
    Harding
    Icky- could go but not always cut the mustard this year
    Wood
    Goose
    Mattock
    Wiles
    Lyndsay
    Smac
    Vickers
    Ogbene- could go os might not fit system
    Miller
    Sadlier
    Clark
    Tilt
    Barlaser could go if got relegation clause if we go down
    Grattan
    Cooper
    Hull
    Kayode

That wunt be too bad in league 1 as a base but we would need some new forruds for a start.

roly, wouldn't bother me if Icky went as he offers little bar a few clearing headers, hoofs the ball anywhere and is a Ref's dream of a yellow card or 11.

Robertson I'd tear the contract offer up and send him on his way, too many sick notes. Supposed to have been out for a few more weeks but, makes a swift recovery to play the other day. Ah yes, it's contract renewal time!

Miller, what has this lad done wrong? Maybe needs to go if not seen as a first team player.

Ogbene is a keeper for me. He just has to get up to match fitness and realign his silky moves and runs.

Sadlier needs more game time same as Clarke.

Tilt - release.

If we drop, why don't we wipe the slate clean and let's give the young ones a run out. Kayode, Gratton, Hull and Cooper need to be given the chance to progress their career so why not spend a season in League 1 and bring them through? Doesn't matter if we don't go up, we'd only come straight back down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If we drop, why don't we wipe the slate clean and let's give the young ones a run out. Kayode, Gratton, Hull and Cooper need to be given the chance to progress their career so why not spend a season in League 1 and bring them through? Doesn't matter if we don't go up, we'd only come straight back down again.
    I'd agree with that, however would our fans have the patience that that would need? Or would they want the manager, be it Warne or somebody else, sacked after we inevitably lost a few games.

Icky needs to calm down in box and step back a bit, his headers might actually go in then

Nothing up with Icky apart from he needs to be calm when we’re under pressure

Only Cooper atm is one I’d take a chance on next season, Kayode I’m just not sure about , others I can’t say because I haven’t seen them even though Gratz gets glowing reviews and I’m sure he’ll play for us when he’s ready
    Last edited by millertop; 20-04-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Icky is one of those players that doesn't get over mistakes easily. Soon as he makes one you can see it playing on his mind and usually he compounds the issue by being even more rash. When he is on it he can be a very solid centre back but mentally he doesn't come across as the strongest in terms of accepting small errors and just letting them go.

Icky's passing for this level is appalling. Might get away with it in Lge 1. Robertson is the best defender at the club WHEN he plays and we are more solid when he's playing. Must have glass ankles or a low pain threshold !

Agree about ickys passing also gooses. Think wood is much better tho not brilliant himself. The pass and awareness to set up wing the other day was exquisite pity our other players can't find our players in the box

Another for the squad next season?

READ | Young defender Hull signs year-long extension.

Congratulations to
    @AcademyRUFC
    graduate Jake Hull, who has penned a new deal which will keep him at the club until June 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Worrever league we are in although we will prob have a better chance of hanging on to some players if we stay up.

Johanson-assuming not poached
    Harding
    Icky- could go but not always cut the mustard this year
    Wood
    Goose
    Mattock
    Wiles
    Lyndsay
    Mattock? Who's he?