+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley Post Match Thoughts

Add up all the points referee decisions have cost us this season and we are clear of relegation . It's alright saying we should score but the hardest thing in football is scoring that's why good strikers cost big money . We struggle as it is in this league without the help of incompetent referees .

In disbelief really. Another 1-0 defeat to add to the list. If you had bet on that scoreline all season you would have won some money.

Awful ref, shocking decision for their goal, even Morris looked embarrassed to have got away with it.

BUT.... our finishing. My word. It will do us and my nerves in.

We had absolutely everything, everything else, so hungry and full of desire but in those clinical moments we were found wanting.

So so so so so frustrating.

To still be 4 behind is a miracle. Miracle they haven't extended it and a miracle we haven't closed it.

Much better performance from us than I expected. I thought we might get hammered - even more so when the ref gave them a goal. I felt like switching off at that point. Then we absolutely outplayed them. Unfortunately our forwards are capable of scoring a wonder goal one match and missing absolute sitters in the next three. That's why we can afford them. Despite their inconsistencies in front of goal you would have expected at least one of the many chances to go in today.
    Encouraged by the effort and overall performance today but, even if we dominate every game between now and the end of the season, we could continue to fail to take advantage

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Add up all the points referee decisions have cost us this season and we are clear of relegation . It's alright saying we should score but the hardest thing in football is scoring that's why good strikers cost big money . We struggle as it is in this league without the help of incompetent referees .
    I think it's more like that they're making it look hard.

I'm on an absolute hiding to nothing here as a Tyke .

The Millers deserved at the very least a point and our goal was completely embarrassing .

I'm not going to add anything else other than I sincerely hope you can stay up .

All the best .

Our lads couldn't finish a Sunday roast

Can anyone explain to me why Ladapo was taken off and replaced by a headless chicken.

Think the footballing gods are taking the piss this season. I feel like all our games are us v 11 players plus the officials plus the footballing gods. We are due one fecking big slice of luck. We can only hope this is at Brentford.

What is worse is that Derby keep losing and are still tantalisingly within reach but unless we put the ball in the onion bag it aint gonna happen. Derby must wonder what they have to do to let us overtake em. They are gonna be one lucky club when we go down.

If we dont do owt else this week in training practise shooting on goal FFS Warney.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why Ladapo was taken off and replaced by a headless chicken.
    I asked the same question. Also Josefzoom coming on. Didnt get that either. Ok so Freddie missed a chance but he was playing well up to that point.

We totally outplayed a side by a wide margin but lost.The referee once again gifted the goal.It was a clear cut foul and should not have stood. Oggie should have fallen and got a penalty and a player sent off.We were so unlucky,yes we shouldn't miss so many chances.Fortunately others lost but we must start getting it together.UTM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast