+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Pablo and Beri

Farewell Pablo and Beri

Thanks for the memories....Name:  IMG_3763.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  48.8 KB

I read Pablo is going back to Spain to take a more active role in the football club, CD Castellón, which he part owns. All the best to him, he played a pivotal role in last years promotion, pity we didn't get to see more of him this season.

Top men. Major contributions to getting us back. Won't be forgotten in the folklore of Leeds United. Good luck and good health to both.

Will never forget when Berra refused to deselect himself during the Cellino madness years when all the other Imports wouldn’t play - a man who seems to very much know his own mind!

Great servants to the club. I wish them both well.

Am I missing something have they been told time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Pretty much, although I'm hoping it was phrased differently!

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    They have both announced they are leaving at the end of the season. Marcelo has said he would like them to stay but as far as I know Pablo is going to the club he is part owner of in Spain and i am not sure what Bera is going to do.

I think we all expected this to happen.

Myself, I am gutted cos I absolutely love these two. I wish them both well in whatever they do in the future.

Bera made a lovely statement and if you go on the club website you will be able to read it.

(Open letter from Gaetano)

The time has come.

I have spent the last few weeks thinking about everything I have lived while being part of the Leeds Family. I knew Leeds United when I signed for the Club but I didn’t know how big it was. When I say Leeds United, I mean the Club, the History and the massive support everyone gets.

I came here like an empty bag, without big expectations, just with a big dream. That dream grew year by year and it became an obsession; a crazy and dangerous obsession, but you are never alone in football. You share feelings and desires with the people around you and with your teammates and thanks to this I could overcome many difficulties. I could find the motivation to go ahead and the strength to keep on fighting.

Eventually that dream came true and it was amazing being a champion with all of you. This is the end of a beautiful journey where I met really good and nice people, where I made new friends and where I experienced the birth of my son, making me and my wife the happiest people in the world. How can I forget all this? That bag is not empty anymore, it is full and heavy.

Firstly, I would like to thank Leeds United for giving me the opportunity to be part of the family and for never letting me down. I also want to thank all the people working for the club at Elland Road, everyone at Thorp Arch and especially the medical and physio staff; I will never forget when you told me, “Bera, you can come back here for treatment after the surgery, even without a contract, we’ll get you back fit again. You are one of us”. Thank you so much!

In addition, I would like to thank Marcelo and his staff, for making us great, it has been a privilege being part of your team. I am sure we will all value the experience we had with you even more in the future.

Thanks to the boys, my teammates; a group of good lads ready to work and fight every time. It is incredible what you have built in the last years, a solid group with a strong culture. You are all special.

Last but not least, thanks to all the Leeds Supporters, all the Fans. Thanks for all the support you always give to the team, for all the support I felt from you and for the nice memories I have of you. You all have one thing in common: the respect you have always showed me and I hope I deserved it.

On my side, I can say that I will always feel the strong respect that I had for you in these years. I am leaving with a bit of sadness but with my heart full of good memories and positive feelings. This is the best gift I could get from this amazing experience.

Thank You!

Gaetano

That's nice wish more had feelings like this dude instead of mercenary money grabbers.
    Good luck to both on their adventures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)