+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Europe 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    With some ST holders on holiday, can’t make it, feart of Covid, I think almost every ST holder who wants to go would get in if we are allowed that much.
    I’m only applying for 1 of the 2 ST’s I have this year.

Pre-season preparations face upheaval as the game against Reading is cancelled.
    Rumours we will play St Johnstone instead

https://twitter.com/aberdeenfc/statu...113859593?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

We were always playing St Johnstone on the same day

I am starting to get really worried we will be seriously undercooked for what is looking increasingly like a tricky tie. Only two proper pre-season games to bed in what is basically a new team sounds a big gamble to me

Try and look at it from a different perspective….we done the square root of f’uck all playing a few friendly matches the last few years. So maybe this so called underprepared is not a bad thing.

What do we reckon the take up on tickets will be if we get 5665 in next week? Imagine it will be season ticket holders first. Normally this time of year folk might be away but less likely this year. Folk nae been for 15 months so would imagine it'll be quite high. Loyalty points then??? Guess we'll find out imorn. Trains and hotel need to be booked.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Was supposed to be Reading 1.30 & St Johnstone at 5.30 on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Try and look at it from a different perspective….we done the square root of f’uck all playing a few friendly matches the last few years. So maybe this so called underprepared is not a bad thing.
    Hmmm. At lest we always won our first tie (other than Burnley, which was understandable) before being papped out. I guess we will have a much better idea this time next Thursday whether the lack of game time has been a help or hindrance but I remain nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Hmmm. At lest we always won our first tie (other than Burnley, which was understandable) before being papped out. I guess we will have a much better idea this time next Thursday whether the lack of game time has been a help or hindrance but I remain nervous.
    Nothing wrong with a bit apprehension before the first match. We don’t see what happens at training and how the newish team are doing. I honestly think we will skelp this Swedish mob.

Let’s face it.
    Pre season friendlies are utter utter s’hite.

Hopefully Glass is right and no one ever has to go to one again.

I understand the temptation, when there’s been no football for a few weeks and I’ve been a regular enough visitor to Glebe Park etc. but they’re all *******s, always have been, always will.

Roll on competitive football.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast