+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Need a Movie to watch?

I recently watched Tombstone again. Just white male actors playing white male characters and it’s a great film and nobody asked where the black characters or female Version of Wyatt Earp was when it came out.

They just enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I recently watched Tombstone again. Just white male actors playing white male characters and it’s a great film and nobody asked where the black characters or female Version of Wyatt Earp was when it came out.

They just enjoyed it.
    The lack of diversity would be "problematic" today but since the Earps and the Clantons were violent thugs, none of those characters could be played by black actors, maybe Doc Holliday since he's a more romantic character.

Got to endorse wrinkly re Breaking Bad. Absolutely brilliant. Better Call Saul is also very good,as is Ozark. Three great series'.

I really liked it.

It's as if John Wick had an uncle and merges with Michael Douglas in Falling Down but doesn't take itself as seriously.
    Kind of sounds like that Russell Crowe thing that is on Sky Go/ Now TV ATM.

Not a movie but I've just watched the 4 seasons of black sails. Not bad actually. I've also enjoyed vikings, game of thrones, last kingdom and Ozark so if you have enjoyed any of these black sails will tickle your fancy

I really liked it.

It's as if John Wick had an uncle and merges with Michael Douglas in Falling Down but doesn't take itself as seriously.
    I like the John Wick films, but he seems to wipe out more people, than Covid 19 in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wrings, I’ve heard a lot of Breaking bad but never seen it, you may well have prompted me to watch it now.
    It’s a good series with some very well researched chemistry for authenticity

However I can’t work out why they stole the barrel of methylamine, a chemist like Walt White could easily produce his own from easily available chemicals

I suppose it was put in for dramatic effect

If you have not seen it, Godless is a good cowboy series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    If you have not seen it, Godless is a good cowboy series.
    Godless is excellent. I also recommend this.

Another series I highly recommend is "Succession"
    Currently 2 seasons of it on Sky/Now TV and 3rd series is currently being filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Godless is excellent. I also recommend this.

Another series I highly recommend is "Succession"
    Currently 2 seasons of it on Sky/Now TV and 3rd series is currently being filmed.
    Good call on "Succession", dantpen. Hard not to be drawn in and a cast of truly repellent characters! (Having worked in Manhattan for five years, there were definitely people I met who were like this - perhaps not all in the same company/family but you definitely saw them.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast