+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Those of you who called for Ardley's sacking

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Gosh. I am terribly surprised that you have tried so hard to disagree with me. I find it hard to take your judgement seriously too. At least you agree with me on the bit that matters - we need to strike it lucky.

By the way, Ardley has gone now, you don't need to keep slagging him off any more. Do you honestly believe he'd have seen us fall to 10th at this point? I certainly don't.
    Actually i do need to mention Ardley, because he is the main reason we are still in the National League after 2 years, and of course the reason we dropped into it, in the first place.
    I do however agree, that it was a very strange time for him to be sacked and it is unlikely we would have fell to 10th, under Ardley play offs looked a pretty safe bet, even though many of his wins were lucky, sometimes that is all that is required in the play offs, he should have been given to the end of the season..

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Actually i do need to mention Ardley, because he is the main reason we are still in the National League after 2 years, and of course the reason we dropped into it, in the first place.
    I do however agree, that it was a very strange time for him to be sacked and it is unlikely we would have fell to 10th, under Ardley play offs looked a pretty safe bet, even though many of his wins were lucky, sometimes that is all that is required in the play offs, he should have been given to the end of the season..
    Ardley might have got himself sacked with some of the interviews towards the end where he basically admitted that he no longer had any influence on the players and they weren't listening to him. The last one sounded like he was practically pleading with the owners to put him out of his misery.

From what we can now piece together, it looks as though the owners intended to replace Ardley with Burchnall at the end of the season regardless of whether or not we got promoted or made the play offs, but they were forced to make the change earlier than planned because of Ardley completely losing the plot and having a meltdown in public on air. So they've come up with this story that Burchnall had only just become available (despite him sitting at home for nearly a year) and that they had to act now because other clubs were about to make their move (which is very much open to question). What if we'd beaten Yeovil away and went on a decent run? Would they still have made the move because another club was about to snatch Burchnall from under our noses?

Anyway, let's see what happens this coming week, there's no excuses if we can't beat Alty and Barnet, but if we can then we should be right back in the mix and everybody can re-focus on the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Ardley might have got himself sacked with some of the interviews towards the end where he basically admitted that he no longer had any influence on the players and they weren't listening to him. The last one sounded like he was practically pleading with the owners to put him out of his misery.

From what we can now piece together, it looks as though the owners intended to replace Ardley with Burchnall at the end of the season regardless of whether or not we got promoted or made the play offs, but they were forced to make the change earlier than planned because of Ardley completely losing the plot and having a meltdown in public on air.
    This was exactly my take on that interview at the time. If this was the case, I don't think the owners had much choice.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910