+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Those of you who called for Ardley's sacking

Those of you who called for Ardley's sacking

How are you feeling about the decision to remove him now? Not being goady, I'm genuinely interested. FWIW I disagreed with the sacking at the time (and nothing since had happened to change that view).

I still think it was the correct decision to remove Ardley, and it should have happened earlier.

Whether they’ve replaced him with the right man or not remains to be seen.

I wasn’t calling for his sacking as such, I was very much in the leave it to the summer camp, but what’s happened since has certainly strengthened my belief that he wasn’t going to be the right man longer term. I just don’t think he really understood what makes a good footballer at this level - far too much placed on experience, know how and that kind of thing over pace, energy and a bit of self belief.

You're right BFP, there are two different decisions to judge if you did want him sacked I guess. The sacking, and the replacement.

I agreed with the sacking, although I felt it came too late. I said at the time that I thought the owners had done the first bit of what was needed, the second bit was to replace him with someone better. I'm prepared to give it more time, but I haven't seen anything yet to suggest they got the second bit right. In my opinion Burchnall being abysmal (so far) doesn't make Ardley a better manager.

Do you think we would have been in the midst of this catastrophic run of form if he'd stayed until the end of the season Jacob? Hello by the way, long time no speak

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Do you think we would have been in the midst of this catastrophic run of form if he'd stayed until the end of the season Jacob? Hello by the way, long time no speak
    I know this wasn't a question for me, but I'm convinced we've been heading for this run of form for months, probably since Christmas. As soon as our luck dried up.

1 point from the last 15 available tells me this is the current owners first & biggest mistake !
    Ardley should have been given till the end of the season, if we didn’t go up then he should have been sacked imo certainly not just before a semi-final trophy match & whilst we were sat in fifth place.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Hello! I think our performances since about October onwards have always suggested this kind of run was a distinct possibility tbh.

My sense is that we’d be doing a bit better and some new ideas from Burchnall (particularly a not unreasonable ask to maybe attack sometimes) have scrambled minds completely in some players. Which is kind of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I agreed with the sacking, although I felt it came too late. I said at the time that I thought the owners had done the first bit of what was needed, the second bit was to replace him with someone better. I'm prepared to give it more time, but I haven't seen anything yet to suggest they got the second bit right. In my opinion Burchnall being abysmal (so far) doesn't make Ardley a better manager.
    Uh, probably something like this. Although I wasn't for sacking NA (for the time being) wasn't too bothered either when he was axed. I think he was getting away with a lot of lucky positive results and Notts high position in the table was not representative of the true nature of average/poor performances.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast