+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 key results this season

6 key results this season

I have picked six games, five of which were away wins.

1) Arsenal 0 Burnley 1. After years of misery and daylight robbery against the Gunners our struggling season gets up and running as Xhaka is sent off for violent conduct and Aubameyang so frequently the scourge of the Clarets heads a perfect own goal. Justice!

2) Liverpool 0 Burnley 1. We start the rot for Liverpool at Anfield as Ashley Barnes wins and scores the decisive penalty ending the Reds 68 game unbeaten home run. Other teams soon follow our lead but they are just “herring gulls following the trawler”.

3) Burnley 3 Aston Villa 2. Twice behind against a fully Grealished Aston Villa Burnley deservedly hit back to take all 3 points. Nick Pope was brilliant denying Villa time and time again in a first half dominated by the visitors. For Villa it was a shock as they had won all the previous 9 PL games where they had taken the lead this season.

4) Crystal Palace 0 Burnley 3. The Clarets simply blew away a limp Eagles side with 2 goals in the opening 10 minutes. Matt Lowton added a stunning third goal which should have been goal of the month by a country mile but I suspect the award went to that little tw*t Bruno Fernandes. The scale and manner of Palace’s defeat prompted the usual outpourings of how could we lose to that f*ckin pub team Burnley. I didn’t become a Palace supporter to watch our team getting thrashed like this etc.

5) Everton 1 Burnley 2. Just one word necessary. McNeil! Another GOTM contender that “lost out” to a big 6 club.

6) Wolves 0 Burnley 4. Chris Wood sets all kinds of records with his first half hat-trick in a superb team performance. Our biggest top flight away win since beating Sunderland 4-0 in November 1965 and a first top flight double over Wolves since the 1956-57 season.

Nice reminder Outwood.Thanks.

Well done outwood because they were all outstanding results which hve helped us along the way.
    We had drawn with Everton at home the week before the Arsenal game but we had played 10 won 1 drawn 3 and lost 6 scored 5 with 18 against and just had 6 points and were 19th in the table.
    That win at Arsenal certainly set us on the way for an upsurge in from, although we have had one or two lapses. Since the draw with Everton we have played 23 won 8 drawn 6 and lost just 9 scoring 25 and 27 against picking up 30 points.
    That sort of form throughout the season would realise 50 points but this has been a very hard season because of the turnaround.

Good reminder is that outwood. Is it OK if I add it across social media?

Four very poor results this season .

Southampton away
    West brom home
    fulham home
    Newcastle home

Re post 4. Yes mon ami

Can't disagree with the OP or Alf's poor results. Sometimes the poor results send me down farther than the good results lift me, Newcastle being a game in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Sometimes the poor results send me down farther than the good results lift me, Newcastle being a game in mind.
    You've got me worrying about you now Chris, just what state were you in leading up to the Orient game then ?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Can't disagree with the OP or Alf's poor results. Sometimes the poor results send me down farther than the good results lift me, Newcastle being a game in mind.
    If we had taken our chances, as we did last weekend, we would have been out of sight. We didn't, they did and that is football.
    It doesn't matter how many passes are made, what the pass accuracy is, what the possession statistics are because at least one thing hasn't changed ----score more goals and you win! I wonder when they will change things so that they can take everything else into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You've got me worrying about you now Chris, just what state were you in leading up to the Orient game then ?
    In denial sinkov..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)