+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Whew! A comedy of errors? Laugh or cry? Didn't we just know this was going to happen? Our fate is back in our hands. Big shout out to JB for 3 top class saves and as we've been saying since January, today is the day Lewis Wing gets his first goal for us. We've been saying the same about GH since August. I feel it's getting closer

Thoughts?

PS Was disgusted by Blackburn's time wasting with 20+ minutes to go. Disgraceful when you have nothing to play for and are up against a team fighting for their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Whew! A comedy of errors? Laugh or cry? Didn't we just know this was going to happen? Our fate is back in our hands. Big shout out to JB for 3 top class saves and as we've been saying since January, today is the day Lewis Wing gets his first goal for us. We've been saying the same about GH since August. I feel it's getting closer

Thoughts?

PS Was disgusted by Blackburn's time wasting with 20+ minutes to go. Disgraceful when you have nothing to play for and are up against a team fighting for their lives.
    I'm going for a lie down after that. UTFM

Sounds like Mr Roos did us a favour or two.

Hard to see how GH has any future at his current parent club. A late developer like JCH?

A goal, a point - however we look devoid of any belief most of the time - sad to see

' Wing & a Prayer ',

Wing scores, but our prayers are not answered, on to Luton

Barker needs to get our forwards on shooting practice.

Let's get something right....MOTM Blackman! Outstanding saves when some on here, myself included, have sometimes called on his standards. Without him we were out of it.

The team: Looked like they didn't know each other for 80% of the game. Icky hoofing it anywhere, Woody at times rocky and Angus, wtf
    was he doing? Just kick it in row Z. Reminded me of Arnasson at Villa, trying to be cool when all it wanted was a smash up field.

Midfield: Just simply didn't work. There were all over each others spaces and Blackburn just coasted through us at times.

Forrads: Smudge looks absolutely knackered, and was rightly subbed. Freddie, got where he could but no end product.

Ogbene: Will someone tell him to look up not go for glory and look to play a simple square pass to our players who are in better positions facing the goal full on.

Last ditch subs: Worked a treat and Hurst oh so unlucky not to have scored two goals.

Who won the free kick on the edge of the box as a makeshift forrad? The old man.

Cue Mr Wing and voila, a well taken goal at the right time. Fantastic clearance by Giles at the death likewise the save from Blackman.

WE LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY AND I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS.
    Last edited by Brin; 01-05-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Hope again, damn you football!

Please play Crooks off Smudge midweek, slightly deeper, get us a foothold. And Barlaser should play for me.

How we are still in this is an absolute miracle but this is our chance, again. C'mon lads!

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Hope again, damn you football!

Please play Crooks off Smudge midweek, slightly deeper, get us a foothold. And Barlaser should play for me.

How we are still in this is an absolute miracle but this is our chance, again. C'mon lads!
    Just realised Crooks can play against Luton, didn't think he could. All these games we've had to play, 3 games have gone already so yes, Warne must play Crooks as he's had 3 games rest as opposed to his team mates.
    Last edited by Brin; 01-05-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Crooks can't play he's on a 3 game ban, Luton will be his 3rd missed game.
    Barnsley, Brentford and today?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Just realised Crooks can play against Luton, didn't think he could. All these games we've had to play, 3 games have gone already so yes, Warne must play Crooks as he's had 3 games rest as opposed to his team mates.
    Oh and I agree with pretty much everything you said in your thoughts above but special mention for Blackman. I haven't rated him all season but in fairness to the lad he stood up today and pulled off a blinder! Well played, hats off to him

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast