+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games today

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Now that we can't win the league....

I think we'd be best off with Stockport and Wrexham promoted, the two clubs most likely to be the NL's biggest spenders next season otherwise?

Sutton and Torquay would probably be the worst case scenario, the two weakest clubs in terms of longer term potential.

This is of course assuming that we will still be in the mix next season and not more concerned with the results of Weymouth and Kings Lynn in a fight to stay up.

Altrincham, who we couldn't beat two days ago, thrashed 4-0 by bottom half Solihull Moors is the result that leaps out at me today.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I think we'd be best off with Stockport and Wrexham promoted, the two clubs most likely to be the NL's biggest spenders next season otherwise?

Sutton and Torquay would probably be the worst case scenario, the two weakest clubs in terms of longer term potential.

This is of course assuming that we will still be in the mix next season and not more concerned with the results of Weymouth and Kings Lynn in a fight to stay up.
    Agreed on Sutton, not necessarily Torquay. While Gary Johnson is there I would expect them to be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Agreed on Sutton, not necessarily Torquay. While Gary Johnson is there I would expect them to be challenging.
    He'll probably be poached if they don't go up.

Very depressing that we've now reached that point where we won't move back in to the play-off zone even if we win the next game.

Still 8th on PPG.

He'll probably be poached if they don't go up.

Very depressing that we've now reached that point where we won't move back in to the play-off zone even if we win the next game.

Still 8th on PPG.
    Not sure where he’d go - I think he’s pretty much just there because of location in his semi-retirement. Dropped down to the Conference South to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Not sure where he’d go - I think he’s pretty much just there because of location in his semi-retirement. Dropped down to the Conference South to go there.
    Sutton and Bromley?

The NL really would begin to resemble an ex-league club's graveyard then. At least our fixture list wouldn't look quite so grim.

Sutton and Bromley?

The NL really would begin to resemble an ex-league club's graveyard then. At least our fixture list wouldn't look quite so grim.
    I’d expect both Sutton and Bromley to be decent again next season tbh. They’re well run and the London-based clubs get such a good pick of players at this level.

Stockport will clearly be strong next season if still here, and then you’ve got Notts, Wrexham, Hartlepool and Torquay who probably will be. Probably Grimsby as well, Southend appear to be a total mess.

Bet you someone completely random like Maidenhead still ends up challenging for the title though. Just the way it seems to work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12