+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Ross Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Was Ross 100% Burchnall's choice for no.2 or was putting them together the owners decision?
    They haven't worked together before have they?

If he was Burchnall's choice then I suppose this only weakens his position and he's going to feel very alone with this problem now.
    Ross had coached in Scandinavia previously. Not sure if they had worked together though.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Ross had coached in Scandinavia previously. Not sure if they had worked together though.

Nah, tho Ross has had his fish fingers in a variety of Pies, (pun intended), I don't think they had previously worked together.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I fort so as well. Bit like Master/Blaster in Mad Max.
    "Two men enter, one man leave"..... literally.

Mace did say tonight that if Ross had stayed on, there would have been some very frank discussions about recruitment over the summer.
    Do you take absolutely everything that comes out of Maces mouth as full & correct information ?
    Seriously ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Burchnall’s choice in that they knew each other, I think, but they hadn’t worked together before so don’t necessarily come as a pair.

Second bit would all depend on what’s happened and how it’s been dealt with. Could strengthen his position if the players feel he’s dealt with it properly, I guess.
    By "this problem" I meant Notts slump in results, which I should have typed as it does look like I'm referring to this incident.

He can't go on for the rest of the season with no number 2 with the pressure all on him and nobody to turn to. Fans aren't going to react well however if we don't bring in somebody with some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Second bit would all depend on what’s happened and how it’s been dealt with. Could strengthen his position if the players feel he’s dealt with it properly, I guess.
    That's the only tiny glimmer of hope I can glean from this fiasco. This might just be the kick up the arse that makes the players unite and start to perform as a team through some sense of a siege mentality.

As I said, it's only a tiny glimmer of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If there was a betting market, I would lump on racial. Depending on the odds, I might have a small saver on homophobia.

Can't think of any others worthy of consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Do you take absolutely everything that comes out of Maces mouth as full & correct information ?
    Seriously ?
    Obviously not, but given Ross's interview Saturday, it's a fair comment. Mace is close to the media guys who will have any inside info, he's going to be more in the know than most of us here

He can't go on for the rest of the season with no number 2 with the pressure all on him and nobody to turn to.
    Did anyone else burst out laughing when they read this or am I as weird as I imagine myself to be?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Did anyone else burst out laughing when they read this or am I as weird as I imagine myself to be?
    You've still got Nicky Butt on the mind.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast