+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Ross Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    You dont seem keen on discussing the context stuff though Pedro do you? Is Enzio generally a bit soft? Well I don't know and neither do you. Did Enzio not have a very good relationship with Ross? Well I don't know and neither do you. Was what Ross said casual low level racist? Well yes it was. You need to split up the issues and apply context.
    The issue is not whether Enzio is slow around the pitch, and to be honest, your continual suggestion that the problem is his is shameful. He is the victim here, however you try to blame him.

The issue is whether other players who were equally performing would have been described in this way, which they wouldn't. The context is that the comment wasn't even made to Enzio, and that the team felt it was offensive, it is not about him being 'soft'.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Somehow this doesn't shock me

Yes

No, he can call people lazy all he likes, for the record he didn't even say Enzio was lazy, he said he moved like a 40 year old, which could just mean slow, that's not the point and you seem to keep missing it. It's the suggestion of him having a dodgy african passport that makes it racist. If he finished his sentence with "He looks like he's moving like a 40 year old" nobody bats an eylid.

So you do get it? Whats the problem?

If he said "Enzio moves like an old man" I'm fairly sure everyone moves on pretty quickly from it. I can't imagine he'd have made many friends criticising the longest serving player currently at the club behind his back to his team mates though

My point is that any racism is wrong, all of it does damage and all of it should be gone from football and daily life in general, if you disagree with that I can't really help you...

Superb time for a black or white joke

As explained earlier, you've completely missed the point I was making, which is unfortunate because I tried to make it as simple as possible... A stone would damage a window and a brick would damage it more, but either way it's broken and shouldn't be.

As for "wanting me removed from my job"... Maurice Ross was not removed, in his own words that have been quoted in this topic -

"I had to resign. I did it instantly."

Because he knew he was in the wrong and shouldn't have said it, he also said the club acted impeccably. Why are you still trying to defend someone that has literally admitted they were in the wrong? Do you think Maurice is just a bit confused or being told to give this statement against his will or something?

Questioning Enzio's character over this, who by the way, hasn't said a word about any of this publicly, shows a lot more about your own character than his by the way.
    Maybe he thought he had to because of people like you, those that have read a few books on the subject and now own it.
    A warning from the club and an Apology from MR should have been more than enough to nullify this problem , no resignation was required.
    Some one who compares a rock and a stone thrown to explain levels of abuse sums your whole philosophy up. No I didn't miss the point the point was ridiculous and still is no matter how you try to dress it up.
    My questioning of Enzio's character was around his attitude around football.
    I would want to have examined if he MR was right to say I was playing like an old man (as you seem to misunderstood the word lazy and use It in your argument ? pedantic at best). and if he was correct how would I go about improving my movement.
    I notice that you didn't let me down around the coffee remark , totally anticipated such a response, I think you need to put down your racism in the community, equality and diversity books and get out into the real world.
    if you were offended by the stolen passport old man remark believe me there are much much worse forms of verbal abuse going on outside your front door every day.
    Nice quote out of context - wanting me removed from my job"... I was referring in my response to your inane comment ,it was about you not MR , so why you have chosen to highlight MR's comment and put it in bold print is beyond me.
    In summary of course he was wrong because Enzio was offended , the fact that he chose to resign says a lot about his character , Should he have resigned is open to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    The issue is not whether Enzio is slow around the pitch, and to be honest, your continual suggestion that the problem is his is shameful. He is the victim here, however you try to blame him.

The issue is whether other players who were equally performing would have been described in this way, which they wouldn't. The context is that the comment wasn't even made to Enzio, and that the team felt it was offensive, it is not about him being 'soft'.
    I'm not putting the blame on Enzio at all
    I'm saying if it was me , I would have been more interested to see if I was playing badly and try and improve upon it if I was.
    I wouldn't run of crying racism.
    The fact that Enzio chose to do that is down to him and an avenue that he is very much allowed to do.
    looks like we are focusing on different things of course the issue is whether he was immobile as ultimately that is what the accusation was.
    Personally I think it was delivered and wrapped up in an ignorant poor joke remark, where as others seem to think it was wrapped up in a full frontal KKK attack.
    why on earth are you muddying the waters about other players , no remarks were made about them.
    I'm not sure what QP is on about with his context, I cant comment on the context as we don't know if there was anything further behind the remark other than what was said.
    Maybe there was bad blood , maybe Enzio has been upset because he seems to have gone down in the pecking order who knows ?
    I'm not bothered about context or behind the scene speculation that's why I've not discussed it and I'm not sure how any one can.
    we can focus on what was said

Without doubt what M.R. said was very silly, he admitted he regretted saying it straight away.
    As there are so many experts on here with all the answers can somebody please answer this question, If those same words had been said a couple of years back by Keith curle, Paul Ince or Chris kiwomya what would then be the outcome ?

What?

I am in no way trying to blame him! I don't think it's his fault in the slightest! I think you have entirely misinterpreted my post. To repeat in no way do I think its his fault. not once have I suggested it is Enzios fault or even might be.

What?

I am in no way trying to blame him! I don't think it's his fault in the slightest! I think you have entirely misinterpreted my post. To repeat in no way do I think its his fault. not once have I suggested it is Enzios fault or even might be.
    Massive apologies! I meant to reply to Pedro - I know you are not blaming Enzio at all.

Massive apologies! I meant to reply to Pedro - I know you are not blaming Enzio at all.
    neither was I .so I will accept your apology

Why do you think he didn't compare him to a German for example? Even he has admitted it was an awful thing to say. POM is a term of endearment here and is not racist in context whatsoever although I am sure one day its time will come. However I have an Australian passport ( and a British one). The word W O G is also a term of endearment to Italians here although that one is fast on the way out. There is zero context to your argument.

Context is key and you are completely missing the point / on a trolling exercise.
    morning QS I'm not using context as there isn't any , I asked straight questions and without any context and the answer is NO they are not racist remarks, as you well know.
    these were the questions
    (So if I compare an Australian to a New Zealander is that racist ?
    He was compared to an African how is that racist , what's wrong with being African ? I think the intended insult in the jibe was that he had the movement of an old man, he was probably more ageist.
    Do you get called POM over there ? is that Racist ? if so have you reported the perpetrator to the authorities?)

They can become has racist as you want if you add context.They can be interpreted in various ways depending on your own personal background , experiences ,situation and circumstances, colour, peers and a hundred or more other factors.
    How can you use context when we don't know how it was said and in what way Ross meant by it and if there are any under currents and sub plots that lead to the remarks being made. we can only go on the remark itself.
    POM & WOG might be a term of endearment to you and others , but how do you know it doesn't upset some that it is aimed at ?
    Personally I think you are focusing to much on what was said and not enough of the actual critism he was targeting.
    Do you think Enzio is a slow lazy player, playing below the capabilities that his age should allow ?

Comparing, or calling Aussies Kiwis and vice versa, is worse than racism, it's a hanging offence. I don't know if we have thicker skin down here, but Wogs refer to themselves as Wogs, we are not Poms but Pommy barstewrds. We take the pi55 out of ourselves and each other; there is obviously a line you don't cross (family etc) but what was said to Enzio, down here anyway, I don't think would be construed as crossing the line. Then again I live in the redneck area of Oz, but in my experience it would apply everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    Let's have a count, I think it was racist.
    Maybe we could have this poll and include the colour of the person as well.
    I suspect the majority on here who are saying it is racism are white and their experience and context of racism is through the pages of a good book and would like to portray themselves as evangelists and doers of good, so are quick to judge as it gives them Kudos.
    Africa was mentioned the recipient of the comment is black , Look a racist , burn him.
    let him that throws the first stone (hope it doesn't break a window , or is it a brick) etcetc

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast