+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon GTF

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Agree with this in part. My main concern is that MM wld have had a say is some of the resigning of players like Clark pawlett connelly and harks. They are not good enough for the premiership and it shows a lack of ambition for next season. It has been clearly demonstrated this season that we need to strengthen and I’m not sure MM sees this. He has had a number of opportunities to at least play some of the young guns, especially in the midfield, and apart from the odd random appearance has chosen not too. Despite our performances against the likes of partick Forfar etc.
    Mellon wasn't even here when Harkes was given an extension. He was only here 6 weeks when Connolly got one. Both Asghar extensions imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Mellon wasn't even here when Harkes was given an extension. He was only here 6 weeks when Connolly got one. Both Asghar extensions imo.
    Our recruitment model now means the manager has a say but his role is limited. If they know a player then fine (Edwards for instance) but I don't think it's something he's really responsible for now.

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    i think he is away .anyway. does anybody think he looks happy. I dina. going thru the motions. I would say.Only my opinion.
    This is the feeling I get. I think he’s getting edged out of the door.

Still gutted about yesterday but I would like to see Micky giving another season to see what he can do
    Staying up was all that mattered this season and we achieved it easily,although it was tough viewing at times

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Let’s not get pedantic. I mean the clubs direction of resigning these players is ominous and MM has been a part of that.

It's mental to be calling for Mellon to go considering the position we are in currently. This season hasnt been easy on the eye but guess what lads I'll take it every day of the week over:

- Ross County/Ayr hammerings at home
    - Multiple defeats away to Alloa, Qos and Dumbarton
    - home defeats from QoS, Morton and many more.

Ffs look at where we've been. This isnt a game of football manager where you can just restart if you dinna like the outcome. This is real football where just because we are Dundee United we dont command the right to be challenging for top 4 etc. It is where we SHOULD be, yes, but we have to earn the right to do that. We were 2 points away from top 6 this year. Mellon deserves the credit for getting us that close and also the blame for not getting us there. Which is, guess what, a BALANCED view. Not too good, not too bad. Not amazing, not awful. Middle the road. And there is nothing wrong with that. The last 5 years have been horrific for us. But you know what, I'll take a boring season where we dont achieve much but are never in any danger.

Will we accept that moving forward? No, we want to see progress, but f uck me can we not just let an average season go by without calling for someone to be sacked? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    It's mental to be calling for Mellon to go considering the position we are in currently. This season hasnt been easy on the eye but guess what lads I'll take it every day of the week over:

- Ross County/Ayr hammerings at home
    - Multiple defeats away to Alloa, Qos and Dumbarton
    - home defeats from QoS, Morton and many more.

Ffs look at where we've been. This isnt a game of football manager where you can just restart if you dinna like the outcome. This is real football where just because we are Dundee United we dont command the right to be challenging for top 4 etc. It is where we SHOULD be, yes, but we have to earn the right to do that. We were 2 points away from top 6 this year. Mellon deserves the credit for getting us that close and also the blame for not getting us there. Which is, guess what, a BALANCED view. Not too good, not too bad. Not amazing, not awful. Middle the road. And there is nothing wrong with that. The last 5 years have been horrific for us. But you know what, I'll take a boring season where we dont achieve much but are never in any danger.

Will we accept that moving forward? No, we want to see progress, but f uck me can we not just let an average season go by without calling for someone to be sacked? Jesus.
    Couldn't agree more. Loads to build on. A solid foundation is important and that is what we have achieved. Strengthening squad and our standing in the league is the aim but so many challenging circumstances currently to allow that to happen. At least half the clubs in the division will be needing summer overhauls. We are better placed than that having the nucleus of the squad on place that can develop together.

Average and non dangerous seasons ahead are absolutely fine in my book!

I’m with the previous posts. I’ll admit I was extremely concerned on where we were heading around that time of the Killie and Sevco hammerings culminating in the farcical Peterhead debacle. However, since then there is absolutely no doubt we have progressed and the objectives for this season have been firmly met by the manager. Yes, there have still been ups and downs however we are clearly a better and more organised side from that that set out back in August. It may not have been the most exciting seasons but after everything we have been through since the Tim Two in 2015 and culminating in the Bride and Covid, a ‘boring’ but stable season is probably what this Club needed. I never really anticipated a win yesterday and although it would have been nice, a run to the semi final was still an achievement to look back on.

Moving forward we have a core squad to build on (and building on it is still very much required) but Micky Mellon certainly has earned the right to do that. However, the last couple of games now must be with a view to just that. Marc McNulty for instance should not play one more minute for Dundee United, while the likes of Chalmers must get game time.

Yes, yesterday was disappointing but it’s hardly the end of the world and taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture we are getting there. Rome wasn’t built in a day and it may yet take another season or two until we’re really back to where we should be but I feel we are heading in the right direction.

P2BAA

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Let’s not get pedantic. I mean the clubs direction of resigning these players is ominous and MM has been a part of that.
    Who's getting pedantic? You said he'd have had a say in the resigning of players and listed Harkes. Mellon wasn't even at the club when Harkes resigned?

And as I’ve said I meant clubs direction in resigning players which MM will have a say in albeit not Harkes.

That said I’ve said previously and maintain that MM shld be giving a window and preseason. Dnt agree with this get rid thread.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)