+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 315 of 410 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

If it's a chance to offload someone who we want to get off the books then fine - e.g connolly, reynolds, otherwise, I certainly wouldn't be paying over the odds for Watt to get him in this Jan, especially as McNulty and Maxime Biamou 'should' be fit soon. I'd wouldn't expect us to be offering any up and coming players. Watt should be an improvement on what we have, a significant improvement to justify us paying over the odds in this window - not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    To be fair we are in fact desperate for a striker.
    We are but we've been stung by this kind of thing before - Lee Miller, Collin Samuel spring to mind. Watt's been pish his entire career. He scored 3 goals in 35 league games for Motherwell last season. I'm not convinced by a six month purple patch this season. A free transfer on a standard wage I could almost accept, not splashing out six figures to get early and throwing what's rumoured to be a Lawrence Shankland type salary at.

Butcher maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    It appears we are looking to pay money to sign Watt in January so why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    If it's a chance to offload someone who we want to get off the books then fine - e.g connolly, reynolds, otherwise, I certainly wouldn't be paying over the odds for Watt to get him in this Jan, especially as McNulty and Maxime Biamou 'should' be fit soon. I'd wouldn't expect us to be offering any up and coming players. Watt should be an improvement on what we have, a significant improvement to justify us paying over the odds in this window - not for me.
    With you on that one JUST.
    We have two centres away to start this month like they are new signings, both of whom are potentially superior to wee Tony (as opposed to Big Tony, best be careful!).
    Ok, a 'purple patch' thir**** goals this season with his 13th club but 73 goals in 12 seasons overall. Nearest he got to double figutres in a season was 9 with Charlton six years ago.
    Is that for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    It appears we are looking to pay money to sign Watt in January so why not?
    Correction, nearest he got to double figures with any of his CLUBS was 9 goals in 2 seasons with Charlton, 58 games. He's currently on 19 goals in 70 games for M'well according to Wicki.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Butcher maybe?
    🙏🤞

Like others I am not totally convinced by Watt.

No need to burst the bank in January.

Solid signing out of contract in the summer.

If we were swapping Reynolds would make sense as he is from Motherwell originally. We probably have enough cover if other stay fit.

Definitely don’t want to lose Carson.

I like Appere and he is still young though he needs to deliver soon

To me Clark is a player that would interest Well and one we probably don’t mind letting go, though I think his link play and free kicks can be good he hasn’t done enough to need to keep as we restructure for premier

Can't imagine we'd offer anything, player wants to leave, player gets a wage if he stays but wants away.
    Mwell release him and save 40 odd grand.Offer a player on loan at best till end of season.

I'll be astonished if they take any of our players in return. I mean, are any of the players mentioned here going to benefit them? Reynolds & Clark continue to get mentioned. Why on earth Motherwell would want either of them is beyond me. A team three places above us taking our duds? Come on lads. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'll be astonished if they take any of our players in return. I mean, are any of the players mentioned here going to benefit them? Reynolds & Clark continue to get mentioned. Why on earth Motherwell would want either of them is beyond me. A team three places above us taking our duds? Come on lads. 😂
    Clubs do seem to get obsessed over idea that players will not play well when wanting away

Fwiw I think Clark or Reynolds could interest them

Page 315 of 410 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)