+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 217 of 410 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Firstly, sorry for having a life outside of Utd Mad. I do apologise for not commenting on this news or indeed being on the forum last night.

Secondly, I'll be delighted if we make a signing, especially a winger. 'Subject to a work permit', so we should see him in December if our previous is to go by. 😂 Strange his current club paid a fee for him only 12 months ago and are getting rid after only 11 games. Anyone know the deal with that one?

Thirdly, a bid in for some Hamilton full back but look like Hibs are muscling in our signing targets once again. Dejavu.

And lastly, looks like we are fighting Tranmere for McNulty. We want a loan, Reading want permanent. Not overly enthusiastic about McNulty coming back tbh. Thought by and large he was sh*te last season with a poor attitude. Apparently been guaranteed to play as the striker if he comes on board with us however. Terms apparently agreed with Tranmere however, so that could be dead in the water also. Dejavu yet again.

All this surely rubbishes the suggestions that we are skint if we are bidding on these two guys and trying to sign McNulty who is on a reported £8K a week at Reading. He won't be cheap, even on loan.
    No apologies necessary 😂 I've not been on the board all week myself, it just seemed awful quiet considering there was actual bona fide transfer activity going on.

To me it looks as though Robson is gonna be gone soon and probably Shanks too. In all honesty I love Shanks and his first season was amazing but we won't miss his contribution from last season too much and if it allows us to strengthen in all the right areas then let's get it done and move on 👍

And is there any truth to the Clark rumours? I've not seen anything to suggest that it is true?

Clark just signed a 2 year deal not long ago. Well thought of at the club and with us possibly losing Shankland, letting our only other main striker go would be a mistake surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't see Shankland being here beyond the window myself and there's rumours of Killie sniffing around Nicky Clark too. I'd say we would need to replace both plus add another striker as well as the creative midfielder. But at least something seems to be happening anyway 😁
    One poster on TEK mention it and you now post it here as "there's rumours (plural) of Killie/Nicky Clark"
    This is how stuff gets blown out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    One poster on TEK mention it and you now post it here as "there's rumours (plural) of Killie/Nicky Clark"
    This is how stuff gets blown out of proportion.
    I simply said it's a rumour, which it is. Are you actually telling me to be quiet? 😂😂

Newsflash! This is the transfer rumour thread 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    And is there any truth to the Clark rumours? I've not seen anything to suggest that it is true?

Clark just signed a 2 year deal not long ago. Well thought of at the club and with us possibly losing Shankland, letting our only other main striker go would be a mistake surely?
    No idea, but apparently it was on Twitter which I don't use so can't confirm. But shush though, this thread is not for rumours apparently 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Shankland money I would assume
    What Shankland money?

Offshore will be having a semi this morning at the prospect of Niskanen signing 😁
    Hopefully not another Riski.....
    Capped by Finland so maybe not.
    McNulty, not so sure, would rather have had the big Dutch CF that Motherwell have signed. How many headed crosses will McNulty score. Seems a lazy signing to me.

Creative mid is a MUST.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Trevor Carson signing was a proactive one. The assumption was that benji would be off but so far he's staying but we have his replacement in already so we are under no pressure.
    This, this and this again. Outwith the above Carson signing the forward planning in recent windows has been god awful. The transfer window of January 2019 is genuinely the last time where we actually looked like we planned ahead and got in what we needed not necessarily for immediate promotion but with an eye on getting in what we needed for the following season to almost guarantee promotion the following year. This was of course supplemented with good pre contracts like Liam Smith. This all meant of course that the following summer we only really needed Shankland - who of course we got. Since then - WTAF??? We had a golden opportunity in January 2020 (pre Covid of course) to really plan ahead for Premiership football what with being a gazillion points clear. We were in a genuine position to get in guys either immediately or on pre contracts with a guarantee of Premiership football. The strengthening of the squad for the following year should have happened THEN not in the summer. Who did we bring in? Powers FFS.

Obviously Covid then hit which of course has proven to be more than an insignificant hindrance but once again we were in a very good position last year with any worries about relegation being consigned well early and thus allowing confidence moving forward for shelling out and strengthening for guaranteed Premiership football the following year. Subsequently why, oh why, oh why are we sitting in a position (again) where we are now well into the new season and at the very minimum there is no potential Shankland replacement (our most sellable asset in his final contract year of course) not just lined up but actually signed, sealed delivered, fit and ready to go with a pre season under his belt. That’s before we even get to the creative midfielder and width/pace that we desperately need. We’ve heard a lot from Big Tone about how the Club is now set up with some sort of ‘committee’ to identify and line up the type of targets that we require moving forward. If that is the case then what the phuck have they been doing the last nine months as to be honest the players we needed should have been in place by JUNE not halfway through August. And thee wasn’t even a single pre contract arrangement either.

With the start we’ve been given this could well seriously come back to bite us. We’ve been handed one of the most difficult league starts we could have been given and are likely going to be playing catch up from the get go. Being this is the strongest Premiership for a long time, that is not a good place to be………………..
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 07-08-2021 at 08:56 AM.

I simply said it's a rumour, which it is. Are you actually telling me to be quiet? 😂😂

Newsflash! This is the transfer rumour thread 🤣🤣🤣
    No, but your just lifting what one person on TEK has said and multiplying it to be "rumours"

No apologies necessary 😂 I've not been on the board all week myself, it just seemed awful quiet considering there was actual bona fide transfer activity going on.

To me it looks as though Robson is gonna be gone soon and probably Shanks too. In all honesty I love Shanks and his first season was amazing but we won't miss his contribution from last season too much and if it allows us to strengthen in all the right areas then let's get it done and move on 👍
    I agree with this. I'll always have that 'what if' feeling if he goes but the bottom line is he did nothing last season so what we didn't have, we won't miss. His goal rate was topped by Nicky Clark ffs. I can also see him staying in the Premiership as he still has to prove himself at this level. I can also confirm his missus has packing in her job was nothing to do with an impending transfer as was suggested on here.

Page 217 of 410 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)