+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's play a game - tenuous links

Let's play a game - tenuous links

The rules are: links to famous (or infamous) people, but....

It can't be 'I went to school with Gareth Southgate' or 'I met Adele and had a drink with her' or 'my mum is best friends with Meghan Markle'. It needs to be much more obscure and entirely pointless.

I once owned a liquidiser bought by Jeremy Irons.

Someone who played in Pink Floyd for a few months (before they were famous obviously, and they probably weren't even called Pink Floyd when he was in them, otherwise it would be outside the rules) occasionally drank in my parents pub. He is however listed as a previous member of the band on Wiki, so I'm def having that one!

And a football one. My friend's a postie and he was on his rounds in Cambridge years ago. He was delivering to the corner shop and a young lad walked in. He was lost and wanted directions to Cambridge Utd, so my postie pal walked him part of the way there. He said to this lad wouldn't it be funny if you became famous one day, and I could say I showed you the way to the ground. It was Dion Dublin, just before made his first pro appearances for the U's.

When you start thinking, you'll definitely have some, let's hear them. Must be several steps removed, and the more obscure the better.

My mate bought Mark Drapers house.

I had a conversation with Steve Davis (Snooker legend not centre back) about Techno music at a Lunar festival near Birmingham back stage and he made me a cup of tea.

That's a perfect tenuous link, love it

At Goose Fair a few years ago Sandi Toksvig and her partner climbed into the same seat on the big wheel that my son and I had just vacated

I bumped into George Harrison when I was 19 in the homewares section of David Jones in Sydney. he was buying 2 kettles. I asked him for his signature and he declined. I got my coat and felt stupid.

Alan Birchenall got tickets for me and two mates to go to see Joe Shaws testimonial game at Sheffield United in the early sixties.
    Then took us into the dressing room to see the likes of Ronnie Clayton, Brian Douglas, Stanley Mathews and many other internationals.
    It was a great night for young starry eyed lads.
    He also used to get us tickets for when they played Forest and give us a lift home in his car, his future first wife lived on the next street.

My wife and I used to buy our bread from the same bakers as former Prime Minister John Major's wife Norma.

I once got served in a charity shop in Framlingham by Ed Sheerans brother.

I took the family to see the pantomime Snow White and the Seven Dwarves starring Dana and after the show my ma-in-law wanted to meet the cast at the stage entrance. One by one the dwarves came out and recognised me as the man in the front row who was bellowing "He's behind you!" and "Oh no he isn't!". Dana came out, walked straight past ma-in-law, came up to me and said how much the cast enjoyed seeing someone like me in the audience acting like a big kid. She looked me straight in the eyes too, ooh!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast