+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mansfailed new signing

For all those saying he was decent in midfield along side Yates, you are also forgetting he was absolutely garbage when Yates left! I'm starting to think that maybe it wasn't Hewitt playing well but Yates covering for Hewitt's mistakes, of which you can be sure there will be one or two a game

Hewitt is just a standard lower league player. He’s not going to make the difference either way - he could be a quiet cog in a team that does well (as he was for us under Nolan) or he could be part of a team that does really badly (as his two relegations show). You could plonk him into most teams in League Two and he wouldn’t make much of a difference to their fortunes, good or bad.

I watched Elliot Hewitt play for Notts many times at Meadow Lane and recall how well he could pump the ball into the opposition's penalty area from the RHS. He also had a good long throw all of which make me think Mr Nigel is going to get The Stags playing Route 1 football in an effort to climb the table. Kevin Nolan had Notts playing this way with some success when he was manager.
    BTW as a right back EH was skinned with depressing regularity leaving him to resort to a late tackle which often resulted in a booking.

Good signing for them.
    Just checked, still only 26 so just entering his best years now. He probably should settle down into one position for his good.
    Once saw him in a home game playing on the right of a back 3 (like Rawlo and Brindley have played), that looked promising for him...
    Looked comfortable on the ball, but still managed to be a poor passer, hope he's improved at that part of his game.

Always gave 100% whenever (or wherever) he played....loads of endeavour and a great long throw which was used regularly when we had the likes of Stead & Shola up front!
    I think we bought him as a CB after appearances for the Wales under 21's but his best performances were definitely away from defending!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    For all those saying he was decent in midfield along side Yates, you are also forgetting he was absolutely garbage when Yates left! I'm starting to think that maybe it wasn't Hewitt playing well but Yates covering for Hewitt's mistakes, of which you can be sure there will be one or two a game
    He will probably turn out like Oliver, Colby, Labadie and Rodman after they left us and produced at a higher level.

I think he is a decent league two level midfielder not sure if he will start for Mansfield though.

It hasnt helped he was relegated at two basketcase clubs with people like Hardy running the show !

Shocking player or in other words crap!

Yes, not great. A decent engine but couldn’t pass and couldn’t defend. Very versatile though, meaning he could play equally as poorly in a number of positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Yes, not great. A decent engine but couldn’t pass and couldn’t defend. Very versatile though, meaning he could play equally as poorly in a number of positions.
    🤣🤣

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234