+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiko in for Meslier, to play in front of fans for the last game, WTF?

Also Olympics possibility for him to according to French press.

Paris Saint-Germain star and World Cup winner Mbappé 21, was on the initial 80 man list for the tournament with men's teams restricted to under-23 players and a maximum of three overage players.

Football at the Tokyo Olympics hopes to get underway on 23 July and finish on 8 August as defending champions Brazil eye another gold medal.The France Olympic list was cut to 50 then 18 and four reserves

Mbappé is still on a pre-list of players for the Olympic Games produced by Sylvain Ripoll the U 23 Coach of Mesllier.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/sports/2021042...tokyo-olympics
    Last edited by Monaco_Totty; 21-05-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Also Olympics possibility for him to according to French press.

Paris Saint-Germain star and World Cup winner Mbappé 21, was on the initial 80 man list for the tournament with men's teams restricted to under-23 players and a maximum of three overage players.

Football at the Tokyo Olympics hopes to get underway on 23 July and finish on 8 August as defending champions Brazil eye another gold medal.The France Olympic list was cut to 50 then 18 and four reserves

Mbappé is still on a pre-list of players for the Olympic Games produced by Sylvain Ripoll the U 23 Coach of Mesllier.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/sports/2021042...tokyo-olympics
    None of which prevents him from being there for the Baggies game, nor should it.

He deserves to play the last game in the first season back in the PL in front of fans at ER, instead we get a player who has contributed Jack sh1t except that marvellous performance against Crawley and one PL appearance, very sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    None of which prevents him from being there for the Baggies game, nor should it.

He deserves to play the last game in the first season back in the PL in front of fans at ER, instead we get a player who has contributed Jack sh1t except that marvellous performance against Crawley and one PL appearance, very sensible.

Just saying that Casilla has had a helping hand in helping Meslier this season - it's a team thing similar to a Forum in that some folks welcome new folks offerings & some don't.

"They are two professionals of a very high level," stated Bielsa."And of course the year was a lot more difficult for Kiko, but he was very generous and a very good teammate."

Maybe you missed this before your verdicts. https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...ielsa-20627304

We're guaranteed top 10, a difficult last 2 Covid seasons... makes sense to look after/manage any players heading to international tournaments before we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    We're guaranteed top 10, a difficult last 2 Covid seasons... makes sense to look after/manage any players heading to international tournaments before we go again.
    So Koch, Klich, Meslier, Llorente will not feature today. So Pablo Hernandez and Gaetano Berardi will almost definitely play.

Just saying that Casilla has had a helping hand in helping Meslier this season - it's a team thing similar to a Forum in that some folks welcome new folks offerings & some don't.

"They are two professionals of a very high level," stated Bielsa."And of course the year was a lot more difficult for Kiko, but he was very generous and a very good teammate."

Maybe you missed this before your verdicts. https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...ielsa-20627304
    Didn't see anything in your previous post regarding Casilla or his "contribution". As for Bielsas quote, what would you expect him to say, of course he would say positive things, doesn't make it the case that Casilla has helped Meslier in any way shape or form.

As for a team thing, I suspect Mesluer has gained more fro. 1st team training than any pearls of wisdom Casilla could pass on.

Also, and touching on the subject in another thread, should Casilla have another of his "moments" (a la Derby), which results in a loss/draw for us against Baggies and Everton and Arsenal lose, who is going to carry the can for missing out on Europe? (Notwithstanding my own and others reservations about it being too soon!)

For me teamwork and productivity speaks volumes in all employment.

In a team nobody wants to work with the “Negative Nick" as productivity can suffer because of it.The Leeds keepers train closely every day and obviously Meslier is happy as is Bielsa,the team,club and fans.
    So I'll leave it at that but Illian's a great bloke and works very hard to encourage growth in his areas that need a little work.The folks around him have experienced the bigger picture and obviously are helping him climb closer to his goals behind the scenes end of.
    Yep of course role models are human and will make mistakes but the best role models understand the good and the bad times.They always remain positive pointing you toward realistic goals.

My Psychiatric Doctor told me that research confirmed what the world’s elite sports stars already know.That being kinder to yourself and to others and being grateful is good for your mental health.Simple advice but true for me and apparently also at Leeds United and the fans that I've had the pleasure to watch many matches with.

For me teamwork and productivity speaks volumes in all employment.

In a team nobody wants to work with the “Negative Nick" as productivity can suffer because of it.The Leeds keepers train closely every day and obviously Meslier is happy as is Bielsa,the team,club and fans.
    So I'll leave it at that but Illian's a great bloke and works very hard to encourage growth in his areas that need a little work.The folks around him have experienced the bigger picture and obviously are helping him climb closer to his goals behind the scenes end of.
    Yep of course role models are human and will make mistakes but the best role models understand the good and the bad times.They always remain positive pointing you toward realistic goals.

My Psychiatric Doctor told me that research confirmed what the world’s elite sports stars already know.That being kinder to yourself and to others and being grateful is good for your mental health.Simple advice but true for me and apparently also at Leeds United and the fans that I've had the pleasure to watch many matches with.
    Whatever you think of his ability or the FA verdict - Kiko is very experienced and supposed to be a model pro who helped pass on that experience in training. He also played when called on for the u23 without complaint.

Neither post #17 or #18 address the issue that continues to haunt Casilla, that of his temperament when under pressure and his ability to cope. He was disasterous against Crawley, and whilst the performance against Saints was much better, one swallow doth not a summer make.

Neither do either of those posts (or any other responses), address how Meslier must feel (and I stress, as a ****ager lest we forget, MUST feel) when having kept the most clean sheets for a GK of his age in the PL, learned, grown and developed over the whole season, and contributed significantly to the performance of the team that sees us finishing close to, or in the top ten in our first season back, (much more than other players who have been allowed to "rest" prior to international duty, or injured already (Llorente)) he gets dropped just when fans are allowed back, and we have our last game at home, and sees the man who got himself suspended for 6 matches, and has contributed next to f00k all ON THE 1st TEAM pitch, given the privilege of playing in that last match. As adults, how would you feel, in the same situation?

I'm on record as to my views about qualifying for Europe next season, so taking that opinion to one side, if Casilla has a meltdown and performs like he did against Crawley, and is deemed responsible for a loss that could have been a win, I ask again, who will carry the can?

There is no logical reason for Meslier to be dropped, the kind of outfield player issues that can lead to injury etc simply don't apply and the risk of him not being available for any international duty (assuming he is kept as No.2 GK for France) is minimal. He has been dropped to make a point, no more, no less, "Follow orders" or else. Daft beyond measure, whatever the result today.

With all the games and the events of today's games, and acknowledging that Casilla wasn't influential in any way regarding today's result for Leeds, still worth reflecting that Meslier came 5th in the Golden Glove awards, ahead of the likes of Schmeichel and Leno. Star in the making if ever there was one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)