+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The month of doom

We didn’t have to play the same 13-15 each time, we had a choice but let’s not criticise Warney eh?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We didn’t have to play the same 13-15 each time, we had a choice but let’s not criticise Warney eh?
    To be fair, any criticism of the manager would be without full knowledge of the facts.
    None of us are really aware which players were badly affected by Covid nor the consequent limited choice for selection. It seemed obvious at times that some players were struggling more than others and that includes a few who were brought on as subs.
    What I'd really like to know is why the club had two outbreaks of the virus in the camp and why we suffered more than anyone else. Something wasn't right there.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    To be fair, any criticism of the manager would be without full knowledge of the facts.
    None of us are really aware which players were badly affected by Covid nor the consequent limited choice for selection. It seemed obvious at times that some players were struggling more than others and that includes a few who were brought on as subs.
    What I'd really like to know is why the club had two outbreaks of the virus in the camp and why we suffered more than anyone else. Something wasn't right there.
    Yes we can only go on what we see or might hear but it didn’t stop other managers being criticised did it or the players

COVID was high in Rotherham area 2nd time but yes it is a bit of a puzzle
    Maybe the youngster that live around area fetched it in, I’m sure some of them were training with senior

Anyway that’s hopefully behind us 🙏

We got relegated because our strikers didn’t score enough goals .

Tbh I think we got relegated because it was almost the perfect storm, and it was pretty much most, if not all of the above combined, not one individual thing.
    It all played it's part
    A real shame. Close but no cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    We got relegated because our strikers didn’t score enough goals .
    I agree with Stovic.

We created enough chances all season and wasted them. That includes missing ***** penalties that could have seen us one point (Norwich at home or Millwall away).

If we had converted ONE of the numerous chances that we created away at Huddersfield or Cardiff, it would have kept us up!!!

A number of reasons why we got relegated - missed chances, missed penalties, lack of quality, terrible home form, perhaps even lack of nerve in the run in.

The fixture pileup far outranks them all and though it's been well documented, it's not been given anywhere near enough credit by our fanbase. I think we were something like 13th top scorers in the division prior to the second covid bout and could scarcely score afterwards. Quite simply we looked a different team during that fixture pileup. Even Smudge looked knackered in some games - particularly the Birmingham one - after 20 minutes!

We should have stopped up regardless, but without the fixture madness, i'm absolutely certain we would have stopped up comfortably. Ah well.
    Last edited by daveemiller; 24-05-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daveemiller View Post
    A number of reasons why we got relegated - missed chances, missed penalties, lack of quality, terrible home form, perhaps even lack of nerve in the run in.

The fixture pileup far outranks them all and though it's been well documented, it's not been given anywhere near enough credit by our fanbase. I think we were something like 13th top scorers in the division prior to the second covid bout and could scarcely score afterwards. Quite simply we looked a different team during that fixture pileup. Even Smudge looked knackered in some games - particularly the Birmingham one - after 20 minutes!

We should have stopped up regardless, but without the fixture madness, i'm absolutely certain we would have stopped up comfortably. Ah well.
    Good post
    We can’t just blame one thing
    I think we definitely got nervous in the run in and it’s something that needs looking into, we don’t want that to happen when we get important games
    Learning from repeated mistakes is also needed

You could turn it on its head and say that maybe we didnt have any more covid problems tham any other club it was just that we were too honest compared to other clubs as youd expect a warne team to be. Could it be some players we played against werent isolating when they should have been. Maybe they spread it to our players. You would akso think when it was rife in our camp this would have affected the teams we were subsequently playing for eg the pigs. But no not one case. There is summat very fishy about this i find it so hard to believe it could affect our club so disproportionately compared to other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You could turn it on its head and say that maybe we didnt have any more covid problems tham any other club it was just that we were too honest compared to other clubs as youd expect a warne team to be. Could it be some players we played against werent isolating when they should have been. Maybe they spread it to our players. You would akso think when it was rife in our camp this would have affected the teams we were subsequently playing for eg the pigs. But no not one case. There is summat very fishy about this i find it so hard to believe it could affect our club so disproportionately compared to other clubs.
    Yes I found that strange and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if it came out they were hiding the real facts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast