+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Papers reporting academy coach Tam Courts is frontrunner? Tbf 'Who?' was my first reaction.
    Rumours of that last night. Courts & Asghar dream team.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    What paper is that mate?
    Daily Mail.

Aye, saw it on BBC football gossip, it appears to be from back page of Daily Mail.

What paper is that mate?
    The Daily Mash

Taken straight from Eastfootball & nothing more hopefully. Saying that, that's where the rumours started about all not being well inside Tannadice a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 25-05-2021 at 07:53 AM.

This is beginning to look like a cost saving exercise. Make the Manager redundant and cover all the required roles by redefining the role profiles of existing Academy, Development and Coaching staff and you can cover all the bases without recruiting a replacement for the outgoing Manager., saving a salary.

Can someone please put my mind at rest and tell me John Hughes will be nowhere near our club next season?

I'll give any manager a chance. Appointing someone like Courts is getting a lot of stick online but at the end of the day he might turn out to be a good manager for us. It's not like he doesn't have the qualifications (UEFA A license). He doesnt have the experience we'd hope for at this level but neither do so many managers before taking over.

I'd rather we went with an experienced manager but some of the stuff I've seen about people handing back season tickets if its certain people is a bit of a joke in my eyes. If it is Courts, I'll give him a chance to prove to us that he is capable.

TA is made out to be some kind of gangster on social media but I'm yet to see or hear one credible bit of detail that proves this. All I see is a guy who has come in when we were at our lowest and played a part in taking us back to where we belong. Revamped the Academy which was in tatters when he took over and now has Elite status. I could be wrong but I honestly can't get my head around the hatred towards him and when I say hatred I know that is a strong word but across social media and forums there are plenty posts that come across like that. I find it really strange.

It is understandable after the last few years but as a fan base a lot of us seem to be catastrophizing the situation we are currently in. People were moaning like f uck at the football last season, many calling for MM to go. Well that is happening, surely the overall feeling should be "excited to see who we bring in" instead of immediately believing rumours of who it might be and deciding that this type of decision will relegate us. Just let it play out.

I'll give any manager a chance. Appointing someone like Courts is getting a lot of stick online but at the end of the day he might turn out to be a good manager for us. It's not like he doesn't have the qualifications (UEFA A license). He doesnt have the experience we'd hope for at this level but neither do so many managers before taking over.

I'd rather we went with an experienced manager but some of the stuff I've seen about people handing back season tickets if its certain people is a bit of a joke in my eyes. If it is Courts, I'll give him a chance to prove to us that he is capable.

TA is made out to be some kind of gangster on social media but I'm yet to see or hear one credible bit of detail that proves this. All I see is a guy who has come in when we were at our lowest and played a part in taking us back to where we belong. Revamped the Academy which was in tatters when he took over and now has Elite status. I could be wrong but I honestly can't get my head around the hatred towards him and when I say hatred I know that is a strong word but across social media and forums there are plenty posts that come across like that. I find it really strange.

It is understandable after the last few years but as a fan base a lot of us seem to be catastrophizing the situation we are currently in. People were moaning like f uck at the football last season, many calling for MM to go. Well that is happening, surely the overall feeling should be "excited to see who we bring in" instead of immediately believing rumours of who it might be and deciding that this type of decision will relegate us. Just let it play out.
    People need someone to point the finger at, TA is an easy target

Great post

Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)