+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tam Courts

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    😂

Just kidding mate.

Whoever it is will be given my full support as always for the full year of their employment.
    hopefully we can get someone in that stays a few seasons and if they leave it's for a bigger job as they have done so well. This managerial merry go round every season stops any progress the team is making and usually leads to a bit of a rebuilding as the new manager has different ideas and wants his own players, plus it costs the club compo to get rid of the managers and their coaching staff. I would love to get someone in for the longer term, let the club gain stability and form a legacy and a playing style where we could happily promote from within therefore offering continuity for players, staff and supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    hopefully we can get someone in that stays a few seasons and if they leave it's for a bigger job as they have done so well. This managerial merry go round every season stops any progress the team is making and usually leads to a bit of a rebuilding as the new manager has different ideas and wants his own players, plus it costs the club compo to get rid of the managers and their coaching staff. I would love to get someone in for the longer term, let the club gain stability and form a legacy and a playing style where we could happily promote from within therefore offering continuity for players, staff and supporters.
    I think every fan would agree with you. Unfortunately it seems like we are really after a 'yes man' and those kind of situations only ever end up one way.

If this happens its clear as day that Tony is really the new head coach.It would be similar to Levein in the stand handing down notes to Cathro with one massive difference,Levein actually knew what he was talking about.

Given that these rumours have been floating around for a few weeks, I'm expecting an appointment to happen imminently.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I think every fan would agree with you. Unfortunately it seems like we are really after a 'yes man' and those kind of situations only ever end up one way.
    "Tam, here's the team sheet for Saturday. Aston Villa want to look at Kerr Smith again and interest in Meekison is building nicely.
    Try Neilson in midfield this time, let's see how that goes. We're still getting interest in Glass even though he's not ready, maybe the subs bench? And can you get a formation that fits Fotheringham in as well please?"

"Sure Tony but it's Rangers away and we're sitting 11th you know"

It would worry me if any new guy is under pressure to play youngsters, I'm all for getting them into the team, but first they have to be good enough, and secondly they need a sound base to be brought into. I don't think we have that at the moment, I think our first team squad excluding the youngsters is bottom 3-4 at present.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If this happens its clear as day that Tony is really the new head coach.It would be similar to Levein in the stand handing down notes to Cathro with one massive difference,Levein actually knew what he was talking about.
    I get where you are coming from and it will definitely be Tony getting his man in place and presumably the position he wanted for his son but has there been anything said about him trying to pick the team, influence the tactics or formation we play? I'm not sure about the new contracts handed out whether that was him or MM, MM certainly talked them up which I can't imagine him doing if he wasn't happy because it's quite clear that MM hasn't just toed the party line and won't put up with people telling him what to do, if he had he wouldn't be leaving. It is a dangerous and worrying time if TA has the power and control over everything at the club that you and others think he does, I'm in no way saying you are wrong because to be honest I don't know and will probably never know unless MM speaks up on the matter which at the moment doesn't look likely. I hope for the sake of the club you guys are all wrong but have to be honest and admit I do share some of your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    "Tam, here's the team sheet for Saturday. Aston Villa want to look at Kerr Smith again and interest in Meekison is building nicely.
    Try Neilson in midfield this time, let's see how that goes. We're still getting interest in Glass even though he's not ready, maybe the subs bench? And can you get a formation that fits Fotheringham in as well please?"

"Sure Tony but it's Rangers away and we're sitting 11th you know"
    😂😂😂

I get where you are coming from and it will definitely be Tony getting his man in place and presumably the position he wanted for his son but has there been anything said about him trying to pick the team, influence the tactics or formation we play? I'm not sure about the new contracts handed out whether that was him or MM, MM certainly talked them up which I can't imagine him doing if he wasn't happy because it's quite clear that MM hasn't just toed the party line and won't put up with people telling him what to do, if he had he wouldn't be leaving. It is a dangerous and worrying time if TA has the power and control over everything at the club that you and others think he does, I'm in no way saying you are wrong because to be honest I don't know and will probably never know unless MM speaks up on the matter which at the moment doesn't look likely. I hope for the sake of the club you guys are all wrong but have to be honest and admit I do share some of your concerns.
    The truth will come out shortly. It always does.

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/spo...e-united-role/. Hey guys didn't know much about Tam Courts but found this article, just my humble opinion but it looks and sounds like he might just have something about him. Yes his managerial experience is at a far lower level but he took a team in disarray and turned them into a proper title winning team. Since he signed on at Tannadice there has been massive increase in the numbers of youth players that are looking first team ready, I know they were already with utd and he didn't sign them but it's either a massive coincidence or his methods work. Obviously it would be a massive risk to appoint him manager but if the model going forward is to play the youths then he knows them all and there abilities, attitudes, personalities and how to get the best out of them, which can only be a good thing, I would rather he be given a chance before the usual suspects of Scottish football
    Thanks for posting the article Monifeith because like Gunboat I'd barely heard of the guy, just seen his name on a list somewhere.

If it happens it could be absolutely genius inspiration or it could spell instant return to the Fizzy league and an absolute meltdown within the support as it plays out.

There was armageddon on here when it was discovered that Jackie McNamara was getting sell on commission for players and I'm beginning to wonder if this time it's Asghar that has the same deal.

A flourishing youth development programme is great but a couple breaking through at a time playing alongside seasoned talented pros is the recipe for success on the pitch.
    If we get the balance wrong because of the obsession with blooding youth it's extremelyhigh risk.

A brilliant success at Kelty is a world away from a cutthroat Premier where almost all the teams in it will strengthen for next season.

I think many are starting to worry that Asghar has sold the owner a vision, a vision which Asghar profits from and which may not be in the long term interest of the club.

As usual I hope to be wrong and Courts is the left field genius appointment none of the fans would have seen.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)