+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Tam Courts

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    More than none.
    So Tam is fine then

What about Emma Hayes? Is it the time yet for a woman to get a chance, especially considering her success in football?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think there is a massive point being missed here,if you go back to the rumours and stories in April it was all to do with Tony wanting his son promoted and Mellon saying no.
    None of us know if Tam will succeed or fail(if appointed)but it appears to me that this is not being done because its in the club's best interests its more to do with the best interests of Tony,Adam and FN Tam.
    That's the way its looking to me anyway.
    Bang on. If our Sporting Director has scoured world football and done his due diligence on candidates for the position and come to the conclusion that Tam Courts is the best candidate for the job then we are royally f*cked.

I think there is a massive point being missed here,if you go back to the rumours and stories in April it was all to do with Tony wanting his son promoted and Mellon saying no.
    None of us know if Tam will succeed or fail(if appointed)but it appears to me that this is not being done because its in the club's best interests its more to do with the best interests of Tony,Adam and FN Tam.
    Yeah if you are right and MM was sacked to get TA's son a job then it is ridiculas and you have every right to complain I am not saying that is wrong but will wait and see but respect you have you opinion.

Tam shouldn't be tarred with the nepotism brush though. He has no connection to Asghar prior to joining our club.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Yeah if you are right and MM was sacked to get TA's son a job then it is ridiculas and you have every right to complain I am not saying that is wrong but will wait and see but respect you have you opinion.
    I guess we will find out shortly. Neilson got Forrest & McCulloch forced on him, I think Frail was a Mellon choice (I really can't remember) but he got Bowman and Grant forced on him too. So did Mellon just not rate Adam Ashgar as a coach then?

I hope Tam gets the job. That's not to say that I will not be worrying about how we will do while he is in post. I'd be the same whoever was in charge regardless of their reputation and experience. That's down to my fear of failure. There is no such thing as 'a safe pair of hands' when it comes to football managers/ head coaches though. Our last few managers hardly set the heather on fire so why select our next one using the same criteria? As Albert Einstein (who had very little management experience himself!) once said, 'if we always do what we always did, we will always get what we've always got'.
    Time for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    I hope Tam gets the job. That's not to say that I will not be worrying about how we will do while he is in post. I'd be the same whoever was in charge regardless of their reputation and experience. That's down to my fear of failure. There is no such thing as 'a safe pair of hands' when it comes to football managers/ head coaches though. Our last few managers hardly set the heather on fire so why select our next one using the same criteria? As Albert Einstein (who had very little management experience himself!) once said, 'if we always do what we always did, we will always get what we've always got'.
    Time for something different.
    Is it possible to like a post?

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    So Tam is fine then
    If we're including junior football (which I'm not), then yes. Looking forward to him using his list of contacts when it comes to signings. I hear the Kelty keeper is out of contract in the summer. He 34, a full time electrician, 11 stone and would only command a £50 a week salary. 👌🏼

I honestly can't believe what I've just read on this thread this morning

Tam fk Courts.....really.......we'd be better with TamfaeButlins FFS

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Every appointment is a risk. The vast majority of managers fail. There are 42 managers in Scotland and there are 7 trophies to win (4 leagues, 3 cups). So at least 35 managers every season don't win anything.

Nothing wrong with taking a risk every now and then.

Hell, you know who would be the ultimate risk - Emma Hayes from Chelsea
    every appointment is a risk and no one will argue that, it’s how big a risk is the issue and this IMO is a colossal risk. Too big for us in our second year up with what is still a championship team.

Emma Hayes WYOWY?

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)