+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tam Courts

Tam Courts

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/spo...e-united-role/. Hey guys didn't know much about Tam Courts but found this article, just my humble opinion but it looks and sounds like he might just have something about him. Yes his managerial experience is at a far lower level but he took a team in disarray and turned them into a proper title winning team. Since he signed on at Tannadice there has been massive increase in the numbers of youth players that are looking first team ready, I know they were already with utd and he didn't sign them but it's either a massive coincidence or his methods work. Obviously it would be a massive risk to appoint him manager but if the model going forward is to play the youths then he knows them all and there abilities, attitudes, personalities and how to get the best out of them, which can only be a good thing, I would rather he be given a chance before the usual suspects of Scottish football

Welcome to Utd Mad Tam. 👍🏼

Haha, you've rumbled me.

I think many are just assuming Courts is a nobody who doesnt have a clue about football. It's pretty clear he has something about him and I'm sure can 'manage a team' at a decent level. It's the risk of appointing someone like that in the situation we are in currently that worries me and many others.

If he was to move up and be an assistant to a more experienced guy coming in, with a view to him taking over eventually then I have no issues with that. If he is talented and up to the task then fair enough. But it will sting a lot of people if he gets the gig. I'll still be there to support him as will 99% of season ticket holders I would assume, but I think it is a risky one at this stage in our development.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I think many are just assuming Courts is a nobody who doesnt have a clue about football. It's pretty clear he has something about him and I'm sure can 'manage a team' at a decent level. It's the risk of appointing someone like that in the situation we are in currently that worries me and many others.

If he was to move up and be an assistant to a more experienced guy coming in, with a view to him taking over eventually then I have no issues with that. If he is talented and up to the task then fair enough. But it will sting a lot of people if he gets the gig. I'll still be there to support him as will 99% of season ticket holders I would assume, but I think it is a risky one at this stage in our development.
    Any place else in the footballing world there would be no issue in promoting from within like this. However, Scotland/Scottish football do not like anything other than tried and tested, so it would need a lot to convince people this was a good idea.

Personal opinion is I think its too early

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Any place else in the footballing world there would be no issue in promoting from within like this. However, Scotland/Scottish football do not like anything other than tried and tested, so it would need a lot to convince people this was a good idea.

Personal opinion is I think its too early
    Me too. But the uproar is what annoys me. Will these people who are saying they'll never go back start coming back in if we actually progress into a better team? I can f ucking bet you they will.

I totally agree, I was in no way advocating him getting the job as I totally agree on how massive a risk that would be for the club, especially with it only being our 2nd season back in the top league, I was just offering an opinion that there might be more about him than people realize. I saw the bookies list on a different post and have to say most of the names listed give me the fear.

Yeah interesting, Courts a Cathro-type promotion but one that works?
    Howsabout the Double D Dream Team? Clue - the Emerald Isle.
    I love these two guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Monifieth Arab View Post
    Haha, you've rumbled me.
    😂

Just kidding mate.

Whoever it is will be given my full support as always for the full year of their employment.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yeah interesting, Courts a Cathro-type promotion but one that works?
    Howsabout the Double D Dream Team? Clue - the Emerald Isle.
    I love these two guys.
    I think most Arabs love them but JD didn't cover himself in glory at the jam tarts and SD has no managerial experience at all, I'm not sure if Sean might not want to carry on playing for another, I can Stewart Petrie getting a bigger job very soon if montrose keep playing they way they have and if or when that happens I can see SD slotting straight in to replace him.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)