+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arab fans groups issue a statement

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    It is the Supporters Group that want the meeting and as we are all stakeholders in the club its important that we stand together. We had one last Thursday with Asghar to review the season, and there was not a clue about how things were going to unfold.
    The Foundation of course are involved in the group as are other groups. The Foundation have had substantial financial input recently and the steering group are just as concerned as the rest of the members.
    Our friend M is on the naughty step with the Foundation, and he knows why.
    Is your friend Tony on the naughty step now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    Is it a big step?.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    Of course, Im sure you will give him your usual fond welcome

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Is it a big step?.
    Steel reinforced of course, 'Boat

Just received an Email from the Foundation with a response from Mark Ogren re the various concerns members had brought up over the last week or so. If anyone has received this email and has the ability to put it up then feel free.

To the members of the Dundee United Supporters’ Foundation,

I am writing to acknowledge your recent communications and confirm my commitment to hold a meeting with the collective Dundee United Supporters’ Group (DUSG) committee once we have finalised the process of appointing a Head Coach.

The DUSG is the vehicle put in place to ensure fans views are brought to the Club and throughout the pandemic there have been eight meetings held where supporters have been able to express any concerns and bring issues to the Club.

This has been a tough season financially, not just for Dundee United but for all business and the vast majority personally worldwide. The support of Dundee United fans has been ***** this season and I again reiterate my thanks to everyone who has bought season tickets and continued to support the Club financially. I genuinely believe that it is together and united, we will achieve success.

Since Scott and I became owners, we have invested large sums of money into this Club, safe knowing that we have a long term development plan that will bring success.

We have made significant steps forwards on our plan with promotion and consolidation within the Premiership and we are excited about the next stage of development. Everyone, including our supporters, has played their part, from the staff, players and coaches who helped us achieve promotion to those that helped us consolidate last season during an extraordinary season. As we move forward, everyone must be aligned with the performance and development strategy to ensure the best performance across the Club. You can rest assured that an appointment will be made after a careful selection process has been finalised and the Board agrees with the appointment.

The structure put in place at Dundee United means that I am not involved in the day-to-day business, but please be aware that I have daily contact with members of both the Executive and full Board. I am pleased with the structure and believe it will bring continued success. We have a board of Directors that includes Scott and me, alongside two experienced local business people, in David Dorward and Jimmy Fyffe, who are exceptionally passionate about the Club and bring areas of solid expertise. The day-to-day running of the Club is handled by an Executive Board consisting of Tony Asghar, Derek Bond and Laura McCallum that has wide-ranging experience in areas of recruitment, finance, development, high-performance strategy and governance. We have a fantastic dedicated workforce who have shown outstanding commitment during the pandemic by accepting wage cuts while still delivering. I ask you to show faith in our structure and continue to support us.

Scott and I cannot wait to get back across to Tannadice and St Andrews and once again be amongst fellow United fans. We love the passion you show and we all want the same thing - a successful and exciting Dundee United showing passion, energy and work rate. We remain as invested in the Club as we have always been and have hunger for success on the park alongside a sustainable business model, just like yourselves.

Please continue to show your passion and support for the Club and please continue to ask questions and bring forward suggestions through the DUSG vehicle but above all, let us be United in pursuit of our goals.

Yours sincerely,

Mark J. Ogren

Dont know why its starred out the word *****

Ffs! 😂 v i t a l

Surely nobodys believing that pile of crock 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy vine View Post
    Surely nobodys believing that pile of crock 😂😂😂
    Strangely I did find it reassuring. At least he is willing to talk to the fans and it’s a recognition that communications with the club are angry at MM departure.

They must know now that this appointment is crucial - hope it’s not too late for Alex Neil 😂

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)