+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alex neil

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Normally when a job like this comes up the club will tell the supporters that they've ump**** applications and are putting together a short list.
    And the papers are rife with speculation with their own favourites.
    In this case the club has said nothing and don't even appear to have invited applications.
    This appears to be a done deal and any reference to other people being interviewed is just taking the p***.
    I agree with the above,The Courier ran the story that Tam would be interviewed but he would not be the only one but that only happened because the fans went into total meldown.
    If none of us said anything regarding Tony's plan then Tam would already be our manager and that's a FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I agree with the above,The Courier ran the story that Tam would be interviewed but he would not be the only one but that only happened because the fans went into total meldown.
    If none of us said anything regarding Tony's plan then Tam would already be our manager and that's a FACT.
    I just hope fan power can persuade Tony that having a top manager is going to help the club

Yes nice in theory that we promote from youth academy but when it is the harsh reality and the team are in a slump mid season we need someone with proven ability who knows what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I just hope fan power can persuade Tony that having a top manager is going to help the club

Yes nice in theory that we promote from youth academy but when it is the harsh reality and the team are in a slump mid season we need someone with proven ability who knows what they are doing
    I know this is not correct but its as if the frothing Funster who wears a Roma top has been let loose in Tannadice with a free reign.That's how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    .I would take Alex Neil,McInnes or even Hughes over our academy coaches but i think most experienced managers would not touch us with a barge pole as long as Big Tony is Sporting Director.
    I honestly think Micky Mellon is one of the games good guys,check out the legends that supported his book.If he cannie work with The Big Man i doubt many of the others in the betting can either.....apart from Tam.
    Spot on Gunboat. At the moment not one decent professional coach would come to Tannadice to work with TA unless they were absolutely desperate e.g. Malky

Alex Neil has wealth of experience, in Scotland and England, knowledge of league down South to identify targets, and will still be up to speed on Scottish football, brought through some youngsters at Hamilton. Would be coming to Utd about the same age as Levein, experience but still modern thinking. Would have been a good candidate, probably pricey, but as noted was for some reason ruled out in press almost immediately.

The debate about who will be the next manager is all find and good - but the lack of answers as to why MM left the club is concerning.

Each day this rumbles on why no clarity or answers to this question the more of a shambles this looks.

I think MM signed a disclousure agreement not to discuss what happened - but this in itself is also concerning.

The truth will out - just a matter of when.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Normally when a job like this comes up the club will tell the supporters that they've ump**** applications and are putting together a short list.
    And the papers are rife with speculation with their own favourites.
    In this case the club has said nothing and don't even appear to have invited applications.
    This appears to be a done deal and any reference to other people being interviewed is just taking the p***.
    The Courier reported that the club are interviewing people. The club have literally never publicly invited applicants for the role of manager. That is tinpot. What makes you think they havent invited applicants?

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    The debate about who will be the next manager is all find and good - but the lack of answers as to why MM left the club is concerning.

Each day this rumbles on why no clarity or answers to this question the more of a shambles this looks.

I think MM signed a disclousure agreement not to discuss what happened - but this in itself is also concerning.

The truth will out - just a matter of when.
    The lack of answers as to why MM left - what do you think we should be told? And please show me examples in football of when a club goes into detail about why manager has left?

Very hard to comment on stuff we have no real knowledge of, clearly there was some friction between Mellon and TA. But that isn't uncommon, whether it is sporting director or chairman. Plenty of managers work with Sporting Directors these days, so if the managers get the assurances they want and agree with direction the club is going in, doesn't have to be deal breaker. Don't think Neilson's departure had anything to do with TA relationship, I think he is just a Hearts man and saw it as a better move, plus he arguably left one sh1t show for an even bigger one.

Problem is vast majority of fans are in the dark as to what is going on, communication from club over this saga has been non-existent/loupin. Seems like we are trying to run before we can walk at the moment with this proposed appointment.

"The lack of answers as to why MM left - what do you think we should be told? And please show me examples in football of when a club goes into detail about why manager has left" ?

There are lots of examples of both managers and clubs explaining to their fans with managers have left the club - even if some clubs don't go into detail about reasons for a manager leaving, this is no excuse why United should not explain matters.

MM remit was to secure the club's Premier League status, which was achieved, at the end of the season he spoke about his plans for United and then out of nowhere he leaves United - fans and season ticket holders deserve an account of what went wrong and why.

If clubs don't communicate with their fans, keep them in the loop and provide details of what has happened, then they run the risk of creating the impression that there is something to hide - in this case, it does indeed look like a cover up has taken place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)