+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex neil

Alex neil

This appointment is critical. Spl is tight next season. The whole ogren project and the club will be sunk if we get ourselves relegated at this point.

I hope it’s not too late before we appointment a manager with no track record or experience of what is required with a professional squad, let alone in the top division.

To me there is one outstanding candidate in Alex Neil.

I accept big issue is whether he would come to united. He is though out of work.

He’s done really well at unfashionable clubs. He’s taken a club into the premier league in England.

Scottish manager and always speaks sense, good attacking football.

The club should be pulling out all the stops to land the best man for the job

Come on United !!!

I'm sure I saw that he was not in the running very early on in one of the rags. Not going to lie, why would he come to us? He has been in England at a few different clubs and always seems to have done OK at Championship level. Would love him! But I cant see it buddy.

Don't see why he shouldn't be considered by us and why he shouldn't consider us. Four years at Preston isn't exactly out of our realm.

Like I have said before, at this stage nobody should be ruled out (apart from Yogi)

McInnes for me is best option just now

Low risk

Alex Neil has been rumoured for jobs in Scotland before Hibs / hearts.

He’s probably at a comparative low right now. Been at Preston 4 years. Done well but it’s come to an end - they have high expectations despite having one of lowest budgets in championship.

This would be our chance if we are going to pounce.

He’s right age and a lot of very good experience

If we could get him I feel he would be amazing for us

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    McInnes for me is best option just now

Low risk
    Everyone needs a little risk in their lives, c'mon!

Yea but what I'm saying is he (along with Robinson) were singled out as two who were NOT in the running. Which must mean that maybe the paper had contacts and had it confirmed by either the guys agent or by the club that he wasnt interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Yea but what I'm saying is he (along with Robinson) were singled out as two who were NOT in the running. Which must mean that maybe the paper had contacts and had it confirmed by either the guys agent or by the club that he wasnt interested.
    Or the papers were/are just making up pish. I know that's a stretch though

Normally when a job like this comes up the club will tell the supporters that they've ump**** applications and are putting together a short list.
    And the papers are rife with speculation with their own favourites.
    In this case the club has said nothing and don't even appear to have invited applications.
    This appears to be a done deal and any reference to other people being interviewed is just taking the p***.

My first wish is enough United fans have personally contacted the club to voice their concerns regarding the direction the Sporting Director is taking the club in.
    My second wish is Tam or Adam are nowhere near our first team next season in the most difficult Premiership in years.I would take Alex Neil,McInnes or even Hughes over our academy coaches but i think most experienced managers would not touch us with a barge pole as long as Big Tony is Sporting Director.
    I honestly think Micky Mellon is one of the games good guys,check out the legends that supported his book.If he cannie work with The Big Man i doubt many of the others in the betting can either.....apart from Tam.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)