+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club Rebuilding - Backroom Staff - Dan Ashworth

Club Rebuilding - Backroom Staff - Dan Ashworth

I think over the last few seasons it is pretty clear that what we need is a good structure behind the scenes as much as the players on it

I know under Peace we didn’t splash too much money but we did have a good scouting system and managed to hire the right managers at the right time
    Like all of us I don’t think we have this currently, Ashworth is currently at the other Albion (Brighton) and look how well their recruitment is going, Potter seems a perfect fit for them as a manager and I’m sure Ashworth will help to establish them

Look how well he did at England too

I think Wilder will be a good appointment but can we structure things behind the scenes properly, even Sheff Utd didn’t manage that, look at their recruitment last season

I agree BS, my only single concern over Wilder is his ability to work the transfer market, we can’t trust Dowling and Co in that area, would be brilliant to have Ashworth back at the helm.

We seriously need to start being more organised.
    We are owed money by Barcelona and palace , why aren’t we screaming about this , how th f*** can a team sell a player they don’t own?

We need to get this enquiry into the bald ones loan sorted out

Releasing 21 players is the first step , I don’t think anyone would disagree that these players weren’t worth carrying on paying for the off chance they come good , maybe Edwards , but he never really got started here , I’d have sold him before his contract had got to 1 year left , recoup some investment.
    The youngsters realeased must have been s*** as the ones retained can’t get near our bunch of useless t***pots.

FOL

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)