+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vickers signs two year deal

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’m just going on Warney seems to like loans, maybe we have a decent enough youth player who could sit on bench if needed
    We are probably due at bringing one through,probably still matt the cat the last one to really make it…oxley and Barnes got bigish money moves early on but didn’t.see them play much here
    If at all…

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    We are probably due at bringing one through,probably still matt the cat the last one to really make it…oxley and Barnes got bigish money moves early on but didn’t.see them play much here
    If at all…
    I’ve not even heard any keeper get mentioned from the academy so maybe not this season unless it’s a dark horse

Not seen enough of Josh Vickers to fully judge him.
    Just the one game he played against us for Lincoln at NYS, the one Lincoln won 2-0.
    Makes sense signing him and no need to bring a loan keeper in, spend the budget elsewhere.
    Reading between the lines Lincoln let him go due to financial reasons.
    Good luck to him and Viktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Got us promoted twice?
    Once in full season played out. Other my opinion we wouldn't have gone up without ppg. But then again not good enough to stay up for 2nd consecutive time under this management.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Once in full season played out. Other my opinion we wouldn't have gone up without ppg. But then again not good enough to stay up for 2nd consecutive time under this management.
    Your question was 'What good as (sic) running round Europe pre-season done for us anyway?'

We got promoted once over a full season, and then got in a great position to be promoted a second time via PPG, both having run round Europe in pre-season. Will that answer do?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Your question was 'What good as (sic) running round Europe pre-season done for us anyway?'

We got promoted once over a full season, and then got in a great position to be promoted a second time via PPG, both having run round Europe in pre-season. Will that answer do?

It's not just about running round Europe is it though.
    It's team bonding and seeing what new players bring to the squad.
    There's also the karaoke songs the new players have to perform....
    Personally I would prefer friendlies in Scotland or Portugal ( somewhere warm) and the usual friendly against Parkgate FC of course.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 03-06-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Two decent young goalkeepers on the books has got to be a positive rather than go down the loan deal route.
    Just need a left back and someone to hit the onion bag regularly...
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 03-06-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123