+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just a smoke screen or should we be worried !

Just a smoke screen or should we be worried !

Ts ON dee dar stated that inquires have been made for 4 players .I expect 2 of those players are Smith and Crooks . But in a local paper Warne says he has 19 pros and none maybe leaving and as it stands he may not need to recruit anybody. Now for 1 19 isn't nearly enough if we do lose lets say 3 we need another 7 at least giving us 23 .. Ts Stated Hirst was a expensive fail and Blackman only performed for half the season, giving Warnes comments in the paper has TS tightened the purse stings and we are now operating on a sell one replace one policy rather than adding more quality .Understandable considering Covid and Warnes failure to keep us up .

Makes financial sense

If none of the 19 are leaving he has Joshua Kayode, Jake Cooper, Jake Hull, Jacob Gratton and Jerome Greaves if needed.
    Not saying he will play them however they can be available and yes TS will have tightened the purse strings.
    We've almost always been on a one out one in situation to balance the books, not a bad thing to do in my opinion.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 05-06-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Makes you wonder who, on our transfer board of experts, sanctioned Blackman and Hirst loans knowing they'd be very expensive.

I think Scotties laptop had a virus when they were running these 2 loans thro the system............

To be fair and without the benefit of hindsight, I thought Blackman and Hirst were great signings at the time.

Hirst was a much sought after player and we'd had years of the truffle diggers spouting on about him in their junior ranks. A Sheff U supporting mate said to me of Blackman, "you've signed a cracking keeper there mate, HE WON'T LET YOU DOWN!".

As it transpired they were both garbage but I'd rather we just put it down to "you win some, you lose some" rather than any major failings in our recruitment set up. TS can sometimes come across as a tad knee jerk in his reactions. There are fine lines in football. In much the same way as Jerry Yates and JCH have gone on to prove their worth I've got a genuine feeling George Hirst will also. He'll click somewhere and we'll all be left ruminating 😕

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    If none of the 19 are leaving he has Joshua Kayode, Jake Cooper, Jake Hull, Jacob Gratton and Jerome Greaves if needed.
    Not saying he will play them however they can be available and yes TS will have tightened the purse strings.
    We've almost always been on a one out one in situation to balance the books, not a bad thing to do in my opinion.
    JK, JC, JH & JG

Jesus Christ!

Definitely three won’t be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Definitely three won’t be playing.
    Never said he would play them, just that they're available for the squad if required.....
    Makes me chuckle on here.....
    Who exactly are fans expecting us to sign ?

Warney could be having a bit of fun by quoting what he did. ( Smoke and mirrors )

Never said he would play them, just that they're available for the squad if required.....
    Makes me chuckle on here.....
    Who exactly are fans expecting us to sign ?

Warney could be having a bit of fun by quoting what he did. ( Smoke and mirrors )
    I’m expecting a LB, that is all

For now