+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashgar GTF

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Playing devils advocate, would anyone really expect that with an appointment of any staff?
    no. i totally agree with some of the points and fears about risk etc. I think some also have focused on the exciting appointment and the fact it was prob a done deal anyway. Happens in every senior appointment going through motions when head guy has already chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    no. i totally agree with some of the points and fears about risk etc. I think some also have focused on the exciting appointment and the fact it was prob a done deal anyway. Happens in every senior appointment going through motions when head guy has already chosen.
    That's my experience too.

That's my experience too.
    they are here and hungry. i think it could work. No idea why and no ITK. Another thing i went mental at Tonys tweet to someone i know in the club. I was actually quite calm about it language wise but very clear our history is important to us. He personally responded (and didnt have to) about it being a focus on future not attack on our past. That wasnt someone who doesnt give a fvck about the club. Have you seen the abuse he got on twitter prior and after that?

i am concerned because so many posters on a few forums with a good history of calling it have been negative. I just hope the negative focuses on Tony not management team. I think he can take it lol

I think that's part of the issue, our fans don't want to be like any of those clubs (well, aside from winning a cup double that is).
    Ignore Hamilton, but i would not mind being like 2 top 6 finishing teams and one of them a cup double winning team! I even think they both have a good experienced base to their teams and have introduced youth along the way and may make more from sales this close season than us.

Tony, you are taking a massive gamble appointing TC as head coach. To be appointed to the top position, I presume TC must have impressed and been a success in his previous role as Head of Tactical Performance. I would love to know what his work brought to the club last season?
    Time will tell if he has been "an excellent appointment"
    However, I will continue to support United, no matter who the head coach is.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    This thread is a bit of a minter title wise

Will we see a big praise thread for TA if we go and have a good season?

We get promoted, we stay up comfortably, we have a base to build from, despite obvious concerns about a new manager with not lots of experience from all fans, what is the over the top negativity about from some Utd fans?
    We got promoted and then Robbie left as couldn't handle going through TA, Mellon's defensive tactics kept us up although the Ross Co result was key, that one game allowed a bit of breathing space but could have went other way do not as comfortable as some make out but 10th or better was good enough.
    Then Mellon leaves because he wants to go in a different direction - let me guess, from Tony ??

If it works out great but this base was to be built on, the concern is it's getting replaced with a weaker one.
    For the record I will always support the team and with it whoever is in charge be it head coach or manager or whatever, jury is out however big time on Ashgar and yeh I hope I'm wrong about him and will say so in due course if that's the case

I don't get why our previous head coaches suddenly have the hump about the structure of the organisation. Surely they know this right up front? Could be personal and don't get on with TA I guess but it's pretty clear the head coach reports direct to the sporting director.

Didn't RN leave as he had an offer he couldn't refuse from Hearts?

Didn't RN leave as he had an offer he couldn't refuse from Hearts?

I would have thought this was obvious but doesn't fit the narrative.

Not at all sorry RN left but it fits facts though, as it's in various statements he made when he left, part of what made RN leave was because he couldn't get talking to the owner without going through TA, he can do that at Hearts,

Fact is TA was an agent he's used to sweet talking and also based on his lack of managing football I don't like him as the middle man.

Here's my fear of how conversations will go
    So Tam goes to TA and says we no doing so good we might need players, TA to MO all good our man is fitting in and already looking to the future, MO to TA, happy days let me know if he's struggling or needs help, TA to Tam, the owner says he's struggling to help , you'll need to sell first but we'll see what we can do.
    TA to MO, Tams decided we can lose Shanks, we been offered £100k as it happens, then sells Shanks for triple
    TA to Tam, Shanks is away here's £10k keep puss shut and away and promote the wee Hoti, run along now or Adams in

That's all very well but there is no hiding from the first team's results is there?

Also, is there any real evidence that TA blatantly lies in conversations like this? If so, surely it should be raised to the club via the supporters group that MO partakes in?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)