+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour mill

We have signed Theo Blair can someone please explain who is scouting guys like him for our club. Stephen Fletcher at age of 37 would still have been a better option has he knows how to score goals in the Premier League. I will give Blair every chance to prove me totally wrong fingers crossed

Signing duds and trying to salvage them is obviously part of the game at our level but from all we can see from the outside this seems a hell of a punt...two-year deal as well!

Hope SK knows what he's doing...

I think this is a signing which reflects how little money we can afford to offer players in wage terms, given how damning the views of St Johnstone fans are when reviewing Theo Bair. And I’m surprised it’s a two year contract. He is, obviously, much, much cheaper than Fletcher. Let’s hope SK sees something in the big fella that he can improve and that he does us a turn.

None of Kettlewell forward signings provide me with any confidence. Appears squandered KVV and Johnston money on utter dross. Preferred Fletcher on 1 yr deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    None of Kettlewell forward signings provide me with any confidence. Appears squandered KVV and Johnston money on utter dross. Preferred Fletcher on 1 yr deal.
    I don't know who there is doing the maths over wages but clearly the wage bill of several players has got to be a lot more than what KVV had been making on his own. Kettlewell deserves the chance to do well this season but questions are obviously going to be asked if this team doesn't perform.

I'm clinging to the belief more will come by the end of the month.

We've off-loaded Shields & Manderon, lost Johnston, Goss and Furlong Loaned out our best prospect Tierney (?) but took on salaries of Obike, Paton and Blair who all look out there depth in SPL, i.e. phish. Efford was and still is a lower league player .. I'll refrain from saying phish. Why are many thinking an answer (?)

Alwayd liked Maguire and for our level where cash is lacking, ask who is better in Scottish leagues you can suggest as alternative?

My hope is our in-house youth or we trial boat refugees.

Most of the players we have signed so far in this transfer window have me fearing the worst for us this season. I know we have to give them time to prove themselves, and to let them adjust to the manager’s style of play and tactics. If we fail to take a sufficient number of points from our first four games. Then my prediction is for a long hard season for the manager, players and us fans

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Looks like another "project" albeit perhaps with a brighter possibility?
    Talk about goals, but those don't seem to be in first team senior games.
    Hoping SPFL isn't too much of a step up for the kid and he shows what he can do, if he can at this level.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)