Load of bollocks.

Hear me out cos I know what reaction I may get

Look...maybe it has run its course as an effective course of action, maybe some of those who support it are virtue signallers, some people are aginst taking the knee because they see it as just another sign of our inceasingly 'woke' society and yes, it emerged out of the Black Lives Matter protests which are discredited for many because of their origins n the BLM organisation (for me, the BLM protests were incredibly important and vital whereas the political organisation behind it is a shady one I wouldn't want to be anywhere near).

So, for various reasons, folk don't agree with the taking of the knee, and I get that. But the players have made a collective choice to keep the anti-racist agenda in the public eye so, as causes go, is that one that should be booed just because you disagree with it? For me, you have to question the motives of those booing. Oh, obviously, I didn't mention the main (imo) reason, which is a lot of the booers are just racist morons.

BUT...that last category of booers have some pretty powerful supporters-one in particular-and that has emboldened them.

Two incidents...Boris Johnson refused to condemn the actions of the fans who booed players taking the knee...BUT...he also called the suspension of an England cricket player for historical racist tweets excessive. So our PRIME MINISTER has said it's ok to boo players standing (or, rather, kneeling) up to racism but it's not ok to punish someone for posting racism. And please don't buy into the bullshit that the booing is because of the BLM movement's stance on defunding the Police, etc. The players are trying to make a statement about racism in the game and society, not about BLM and the people booing are, basically, saying they don't agree with an anti-racism gesture.

Maybe not all booers are racist but all racists would boo. Go figure.