+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds Utd Forums - self gratification,vindication & fornication apparently.

Leeds Utd Forums - self gratification,vindication & fornication apparently.

Whats happened to English football forums - particularly our beloved Leeds ones ?

That was a remit question answered recently by a multi-considered response by suggesting 'what are the elements to be avoided in order to have the best possible balanced football forum platform.

Obviously one "responder" had intimate knowledge & experience of forums particularly Leeds which guaranteed controversy for folks to get their teeth into covering topics of takeovers,transfer policy, managerial appointments and that Leeds forum "fave" of our tactics,lack of them or this,that,how and why we lost,drew.

Now after a couple of months reading and re-reading many forums to date including the Leeds ensemble there appears to be a lack of anything that puts firm nails on heads in topics.Across all Leeds boards on the back end of a great season theres a continued presence making some quite hostile reading in the morning,afternoon & evening seeming from folks all around the world and possibly the whole galaxy.

This might be just about acceptable for some but heaven help those who probe for that little bit extra from a Leeds forum let alone offering some basic football information for opinionated debate.

Yep - we have the thousands on "Champions forum supreme" Waccoe offering a diversity of Topic chapters devoted to music,politics,entertainment,***,finance,all mingling with my forte of Leeds flags/Banner production (my only interest in Art after giving up an Art degree due to illness).All fab stuff on Waccoe but of course we also get the balancing element of vociferous knuckle-heads in the know at war with anyone who dares suggest different views on all topics leaving promising threads shredded,heads in hands,laptops lids slammed down,peaking through fingers to read those "differing views" of yours & genuine laughter tears over such important issues of Coopers latest tattoo with evidenced accompanying photos of him leaving his Hull home town tattoo palour ! Bloody hell,thank heavens for such riveting knowledge for the many who "now in the know" got a decent nights sleep and feel part of the clique armed with such knowledge with that warm feeling of belonging.

What a club aren't we forum wise - we even know Stuart Dallas preferred beard dye,Bamfords dog walking time table in Bardsey but oh the joy of knowing the latest crypto currency rate - music to my ears when my own Premium Bonds have produced bugger all except a £25 jackpot for me two years ago.

I've even dated blokes from Leeds forums,blind dates actually.God I thought I'd hit the jackpot with a guy off Leeds Chat a few years back.Everything was great until the moment of fulfilment approached,as sat on my bed the bloke noticed a wig I had on my room shelf and asked to try it on.Perfectly normal but no as he wanted to keep it on as he was a cross dresser who could only "perform" whilst dressed or undressing wearing ladies attire.Unbelievable and rather awkward explaining to my Dad who is a blunt talking Yorkshire man how the date went.All matters Leeds Utd,American trucks & Biker stuff grab his grey matter for sure - as for folks opinions whatsoever wheresoever his mantra is conduct,desire and belief so conversation wise actions speak louder than words for him.So yes an excuse was forthcoming why Whatsisname from Wakefield wasn't the one on that occasion.

Don't Talk It - Do It is often the best way in life Dad is always telling me but in truth it don't always work particularly on the Leeds Utd many forums.

I’m having a drink and read through that pretty quickly, but “Stuart Dallas” is the only meaningful words I could pick out.

What is this drivel? What cr4p.

WTF? I mean really what the f00k?

Nothing changes or can be changed on here then.

Sorry if you didn't get the gist of my post.

All well and good using straplines and homiles captured from Facebook but the original post remains unintelligible, when redrafted it might contain some really good stuff.

Genuine advice.....have a look at the Campaign for plain English website. If your target audience (presumably in this case those who post to this and other fan sites), doesn't understand the message, presume first that the message isn't clear and try again, rather than assuming your message has fallen on deaf ears.

I thought Belfast Andy would have shown more interest in the wig than he has so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I thought Belfast Andy would have shown more interest in the wig than he has so far.
    Help me out here.....

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    That's because he and Billy are planing things again. Those two are up to no good I tell you. Name:  p06zj2y4.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  96.4 KB

The moral of the story is Know alls, racists, haters, non-believers, and different people. Thank f I'm safe once again nothing about stirrers
    People don't have any respect for other people even when not knowing what that other person is going through right now. People writing in forums mostly are good decent people while a few others detest that. They are well known in internet circles as Keyboard Warrior's who take pleasure in saying just about anything thinking they can get away with anything, but not smart enough to know they can be tracked wherever they are.
    Lastly, no one knows each other mostly in forums and if they did meet someone they are the total opposite of what they thought they were from just typing. For example in my Ozzie rules football team forum we have catch-ups prior to games. We get together for a drink and feed and all walk together to the ground. I can tell you first hand that some I thought were nasty people, in real life they were let's say, good people.
    All people are different, all have different faults so if you can't say anything nice or don't like opinions, please STFUP.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)